PA system for Home use?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuattroSte

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a good PA system for home use. Obviously it doesn't have to be 1000w :eek: to be used at home but I have no idea about what Manufacturers(makes) are good. I don't want to spend more than around ?200 and I don't mind second hand. For this sort of money will their be much difference in the quality of what I can get? Any suggestions welcome? I already have a 16 track mixer so the amp does not need to have fancy bits etc.

Hans,

I just want to have guitar, mic and a backing track(computer) all going through the same amp to a nice set of speakers so I can get used to singing and playing amplified and build my confidence!

For band rehearsal we use a small Randall RM80 (discontinued) that is 80 watts a side and a pair of really cheap 10" pa speakers. This will carry 2 vocal mics so far and probably going to try to run a synth next week. System will not handle bass as it just sucks the power out of the amp.

We are runnign bass through the board but only to send it to a monitor send for our drummer.

I just ordered this
ha107.jpg

It should do the job I want which is Guitar, Mic and the computer for the bass and drums. Of course being in the attic(loft) of my house I will have to keep it quite low so the bass should not be too much of a problem.

I don't gig yet and I don't think this would be good enough for gigging but if that ever happens then I would get a bigger rig! :p

Seems you're too fast for me... :roll: I wanted to recommend using your computer and soundcard mic input together with your home stereo amplifier and speakers if they are big enough to handle the bass from the drum computer. That way you could have invested the money in another Tokai... :wink:

Hans,

I was doing that. I had a lovely set of 90's Bose SL3000's speakers and a Sansui amp. The sound was OK but I was having my house valued, so I took the covers off the speakers forgot to put them back on. The next time I went to use them I noticed some small fingers had pushed the cones in on both speakers including the silver tweeters! :x

Good excuse to buy some new gear though! :p

Just noticed the copyright on the picture :eek: Does this mean I have to remove the link!!

QuattroSte said:
The next time I went to use them I noticed some small fingers had pushed the cones in on both speakers including the silver tweeters! :x
D'oh! Can you sell the children perhaps?

Just noticed the copyright on the picture :eek: Does this mean I have to remove the link!!
Err... well... don't know... you are advertising his shop anyhow.

The rig looks serious though, should be enough to handle small gigs, too: horn tweeters, XLR inputs, grapic equalizer and all... How many watts does it have, 2x100w?

H-J

The Specs are as follows.
KP-620M
6CH. 250W POWERED MIXER (125W per side)
6 mic and line inputs
250W / 4Ohm
Built-in Digital Delay with 8 preset options
2 Band channel EQ on Channel
Band Graphic EQ on Master
Phantom power
440 X 260 X 275 / 11kgs
ABS-10 SPEAKER