• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD !!! 1983 YAMAHA SG 1000

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andtosi

Reaction score
SOLD

YAMAHA SG 1000S , FROM 1983 ( NOT SURE, COULD BE 84-85) WITH ITS ORIGINAL YAMAHA CASE.
IN VERY GOOD CONDITION, JUST A FEW DINGS SHOWN IN THE PICTURES, EVERYTHING ORIGINAL , PUSH AND PULL HUMBUCKERS, ALLL THE ELECTRONIC WORK FINE.
THERE ARE TWO TINY HOLES BETWEEN THE BRIDGE HUMBUCKER AND THE BRIDGE WHERE THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAD A ROLAND MIDI INSTALLED.
FRETS ARE IN VERY GOOD CONDITION, THE GUITAR PLAYS GREAT , IT WEIGHS 3,7 Kgs.
NO FRETBUZZ OR DEAD SPOT ALONG THE NECK, VERY LOW ACTION AND GREAT PLAYABILITY
OPEN TO ANY REASONABLE OFFER

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us :D :D :D

Hi !
no idea if there's anything stamped on the back of the pickup. I thought the serial number was enough..

on ebay now:
http://www.ebay.es/itm/YAMAHA-SG-1000-JAPAN-1983-no-gibson-/300808366042?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item46099367da#ht_500wt_949

The SG`s I have owned had the year of the emperor`s reign stamped on the bottom of the p`ups....is there a reliable way to date Yamahas by the serial? So far, I haven`t found one that works for all Yamaha guitars, and I own a LOT of old Yamaha acoustic nylon strings and have been looking for a system for a long time, no luck to this point. Oldest Yamaha I own has a 3 digit serial.

Ok , I will see if I can take a pic of the back of the pickup
cheers

Hiya,
That's exactly like mine, including the case - I've never seen another like it and my SG2000S has a different Yamaha marked case.
I got mine in Autumn '84 after a six month wait for one from Japan. My local dealer could not find any SG1000S anywhere in the UK at the time I ordered it (April '84). I'd ordered a black one and eventually, he said that Kemble (the distributor) had brought in three SG1000S and I could have one, but they were all cherry sunburst.
My money's on that being one of the other two from that shipment, as all the other 1000s I've seen had the semi-covered pickups, different machines and thicker bodies.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back