Cornell Plexi 18/20

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luis

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Marshall plexi sound and I've been aware about this model.I have a JTM-45 reissue but it's way too much loud and it spots 5881 however.Can anyone tell me something about it?

luis said:
I'm looking for a Marshall plexi sound and I've been aware about this model.I have a JTM-45 reissue but it's way too much loud and it spots 5881 however.Can anyone tell me something about it?
Can't tell you anything about that specific Cornell model, but there are at least two web forums where they probably can:

http://vintageamps.com/plexiboard/
http://www.18watt.com/

Hey Luis,

I don't know how handy you are with a soldering iron, but the November from the AX84 site would be right up your alley.

Have a look at my site for my November build.

Jim

The 18/20 is one of the finest sounding amps out there. I'm helping Denis with some road testing and tweaking of his designs.

He has made the 18/20 in a 2x10 configuration and it is awesome with a Les Paul or a Strat.

Start saving.

Thanks for replies.

I missed a Cornell Plexy on UK ebay a weeks ago. It was not expensive and seller claimed like new condition but finally I did not bid on it.My mistake.Power reduction semms interesting for a home pratice.

Lee please give me some tuition in private if possible and how to get it.

Jim, can you let me know a link to your page? I will sent the one on my tweed deluxe build from Mission Amps if you want. I'm thinking about a 18w too I either order from a reputable kit seller or making by myself with some tuition from a friend. November concept is interest and I remeber Winnie Thomas showing here,in fact we were talking about his Greco ES-1200,nice guitar!

Anyone knows where to get "new" Celestion old replicas from Greenback and G12H30 and best prices avalaible?

Thanks, Luis.

Actually I just blew up the OT on my November last night. :) It was an old one scavenged from an ancient German stereo.

Dammit, it sounded good too. Oh well, I'll pop in a Hammond 125D I have - they sound great, too.

Jim

Hi there Luis and Jim. I have a Cornell 18-20 and its a fantastic sounding amp. Not too much clean but a great distortion tone and lots more. When I bought it I was able to A/B it with an original Marshall 20, plus an original Vox AC15 and a '59 Fender deluxe - it sounded better than all of them imho. Denis is great on customer support too but you probably wont need it as the build is exeptional. If you want something slightly cleaner try the new Hiwatt 20 - thats killer too. If you wanna go really budget look out for an old 'Elpico' on ebay - they get in the ballpark if you can find a good example, the bottom end can be a bit loose though.
Cheers,
Mike.

Latest posts

Back