Help identifying Fernandes strat

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mateo69

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just picked up what is labeled as a MIJ Fernandes Strat...but I have a few questions about it.

The heel of the neck is stamped LE-1,97

IMG_0122r.jpg

Can I assume this is a LE-1 from 1997?

The body was sanded down and sealed...the original color appears to have been seafoam green.

body.jpg

When I did an internet search for "LE-1 green" I find a LE-1Z in seafoam green but it has a Rosewood fingerboard, not Maple like this one.

There is a stamp in the neck pocket which is slightly smudged and looks like "ST-36"...but I also think there is the top of a "5" maybe right after...so "ST-365"...does that mean anything? Color code possibly?

IMG_0120r.jpg

Here's a pic of the electronics if that helps identify if it is original as well. It's an 8-hole, single ply white pickguard with a YM-50 5-way switch and small pots.

IMG_0123r.jpg

I just want to figure out if this is the original Fernandes body for this neck.

Any help is appreciated!

Here are the pots...I don't recognize the logo on them...and Yes...someone unsoldered the ground lead on the volume pot -

IMG_0125r.jpg

IMG_0128r.jpg

Could be a Limited Edition of late '90's (or early 2000); it seems, basing on headstock shape, gotoh tuners and sticker serial number. It has been renamed retrorocket after early 2000's i think.
The stamp on the neck pocket make me think to a a slightly earlier (mid '90's) model. Anyway the guitar is legit and there is a very high probability that neck an body are correctly matched.
Fernandes often shows up strange models on strats...
Probably Jacco could help better... especially if you post pots pics... :wink:

Thanks bluesyrat!

I've seen the 'retrorocket' but they seem to have a modified strat body and this one appears to be an exact strat copy like the 'limited edition' models.

Latest posts

Back