Recommend a UK courier please ...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydogiszen

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have to send a guitar up to Scotland. I was going to send it by Parcel Force 24 Hours Next Day. But I have mixed views about Parcel Force.

Who do you recommend, and what has your experience been with couriers?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

I've been using these for years http://www.interparcel.com/ and they've never let me down. I always choose interparcel economy which is quoted as 1-2 days but so far it's always been next day. I guess if its a remote part of the highlands it might be 2 days though.

I don't recommend Parcel Force. It should have been NGD here today but now am waiting on them to collect the resonator guitar with the dent in the back and holes through the double boxing. Shop doesn't have another in stock so I am going to have to wait on for a new one to come along eventually.

Dang it did look pretty, and a quick play on it before reboxing has made me feel worse. Oh, and a day wasted waiting for the clowns. Sorry for the rant :(

imosdad said:
Resonator! Never played one but would love to hear more when you get sorted.

I have been GASing for a wooden National Triolian style resophonic guitar for years to play bottleneck style. I'm not too bad on the old slide now (and the bottleneck jargon) so I kid myself how much I deserve one :D

Well I'm now hoping that DHL can do better. I have had to source another guitar from Thomann in Germany because the original supplier couldn't replace the damaged guitar for another month.

Thomann prices seem dirt cheap so I ordered quite a few things while I was at it. Should have delivery of 2 boxes by the middle of this week hopefully.

Good luck with that Tom. Thomman are a great company but they delivered a set of 57 pafs for me , via PARCEL FARCE . The box was open the plastic jewel cases were broken & the pick ups had been removed (but replaced back in the box wrapped in a polythene bag ). To add insult to injury i had to go and collect it as postie had put a card through saying i was out when he tried to deliver ? ( i was upstairs looking at him fill the card in before he had even tried .) Even when i went to collect ,with 3 forms of id & the card they wanted me to sign for the goods in good condition ?
I emailed Thomman with photos & they were great .the pick ups themselves were ok so didn't have to get them replaced bur as for PARCEL FARCE..
hopefully Thomman have listed & are using some one new .

:lol: Tracked it all the way from Koln on Friday via DHL and it arrived on a Parcel Force van! Fortunately all is good and I saved a packet on UK prices. Only ?160 with the case :)

8093364904_3803f1e6bc_b.jpg

mirrorboy said:
:lol: Tracked it all the way from Koln on Friday via DHL and it arrived on a Parcel Force van! Fortunately all is good and I saved a packet on UK prices. Only ?160 with the case :)

Wow Tom that is fantastic. And the price is something else. Keep us updated please! I'm just imagining a Leeds based Johnny Winter slide open tuning blues as I type! Good luck mate.

Dave

mirrorboy said:

Wow Tom that is fantastic. And the price is something else. Keep us updated please! I'm just imagining a Leeds based Johnny Winter slide open tuning blues as I type! Good luck mate.

Dave

Back