Hello was wondering ????

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazdog

Reaction score
Hello all what model do yo guys think this one is??? i know that the description says LS-120 but wonder if that is really what it is as there are no indications other than the seller guess.... So was hoping someone could give me their opinion of the model thanks your help Bob

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271039721324&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:US:1123

I don't think it sold. I also don't think I've ever seen an LS-120 for under $2000. It's not a very attractive guitar, unfortunately.

Cali Girl said:
I don't think it sold. I also don't think I've ever seen an LS-120 for under $2000. It's not a very attractive guitar, unfortunately.

The cherry/clownburst versions are probably the least desirable to most Les Paul lovers.

It's just not a very good cherryburst, though there are some nice CS finishes out there. And the flame and tuners are kind of unkind to the overall look :(

Yes i agree thanks for your help!.. Well it does appear to be a bit of an enigma ... could be a great player or not.... i mean in the end it is all about how it gigs a number is just a name... that someone give sit...like a race horse you never know when she-he is going to beat the handicap thanks Bob

Cali Girl said:
It's just not a very good cherryburst, though there are some nice CS finishes out there. And the flame and tuners are kind of unkind to the overall look :(

Actually, I think the flames kind of enhance it a bit

If you're looking for a 120, it's best to just assume it's a veneer. There are a very few solid tops and on a lot of them it's almost impossible to tell for sure. It doesn't make a big difference to me, the veneers can look very good and very much like a vintage Gibson.

If you want to take a step up from the LS-80 to a more rare and higher spec guitar, the 120 is the way to go. Finding an LS-200 is next to impossible and most of the LS-100 I have seen are plaintops with DiMarzios. So the LS-120 is about as good as it gets for us mortals.

Oh I forgot to mention they sound amazing :) Burstalicious.

Latest posts

Back