German LS1, LS2

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tokai1981

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Excuse my ignorance but on tokaiguitar.de i see guitar series called Reborn Old Series LS1, LS2.
On http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk for example they don't offer these types.

Can anyone tell me more about those series please? Can these be compared to be equal to a LS160 or something?

Thanks again!

These models are produced for the German market, LS1 = 1P back, LS2= 2P back etc. Look at the specs and you can compare them with the LS160. Except for the the headstock shape not much difference, they come from the same factory.

Thanks for the info.
But i read the German models are considered of less quality ... any thruth in this?

Hi,

I own a ls1, bought earlier this year. Very nice guitar. Im curious about where you got that information of the German models being inferior. I actually think they may be superior, because they are "upgraded" with Faber hardware (bridge, tailpiece and pickups).

Are those German LS1 less valuable due to the headstock if you ever want to sell them?

marcusnieman said:
Not if you feature the specifications of the guitar. The dimpled headstocks sell fine

This is an interesting point Marcus and I would be interested to know if your answer is based on experience of selling guitars with dimples. I have only sold 3 Tokais, 2 with and 1 without. I found it harder to make my price with the dimpled guitars. Of course I might have got the prices wrong in the first place but I definitely felt more resistance to these sales.

marcusnieman said:
Tokai1981 said:
Are those German LS1 less valuable due to the headstock if you ever want to sell them?

Not if you feature the specifications of the guitar. The dimpled headstocks sell fine
the germans ones don't even have dimples ... check tokaiguitar.de to see what i mean ... :)

here's an example :
http://www.tokaiguitar.de/vintage.php?folder=reborn_old_new&kat=014

My comment about the dimpled ones selling okay is based what I've seen here on this forum and online - the dimpled ones are fairly commonplace in Europe where Tokai are still distributed. Here in the States where Tokai are not sold, absolutely, the correct headstocks are more desirable - as they probably are everywhere. My point is that there is a market segment of guitar players who care more about the specs than the cosmetics.

As for the tokai.de reborn series, I'm well aware of what they look like. I was simply making the point I stated above -whether the headstock is rounded or dimpled - some people buy the guitar for the guitar - to play it. The headstock doesn't affect the tone. But if you are buying it to resell, then the choice is totally up to you.

Back