80's Super Grade

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tokai1981

Reaction score
Hey,

Can anyone tell me whether this Burny is good and how much it's worth.

It's a RLG50 but without serial number.
From the early 80's apparently:
price 800 euro's

http://www.gitaarmarkt.nl/index.php?ct=elecgit&md=details&id=157452

Thanks for the info!

That's not pics to date it on but it looks like it's a 1982-1986 model. 1 pic of the control cavity will set it straight. RLG50 indeed.
700-800 euro is a normal price for these guitars here in Holland.

jacco said:
That's not pics to date it on but it looks like it's a 1982-1986 model. 1 pic of the control cavity will set it straight. RLG50 indeed.
700-800 euro is a normal price for these guitars here in Holland.
I see ... and how's the quality of these guitars?
How is it compared to a Tokai LS150 for example?

I think you are referring to a recent build 150? I wouldn't know, I only own vintage Tokai LPs, had some late 90s, early 00s models but those were low end. Played a 2008 150 but really can't remember :)
I do currently own a 82-86 Burny, but it's a custom. Fine guitar but it lacks the real mojo of 80-81 Tokai's and Greco's have. Still a very good guitar for the money.
The add says you have the opporttunity to try it out, so you can find out for yourself.

It would be less desirable than a Tokai LS-150 and in theory has lesser specs, but you would have to put both guitars together and feel which is th best for you. I had 3 Burnys but they gone, I felt 2001 LS-70 was the one I liked.

I tested it and bought it for 750 euro's :)
The guitar is from 1983.
Really nice guitar!

burny1.jpg

burny2.jpg

With the Tokai:

collectie.jpg

Latest posts

Back