Tokai Breezy, need hep to clarifying if it is real deal

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raf

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been looking at getting a tele, even despite buying a les paul copy.
Can anyone clarify if this is a real tokai, as I have heard of many fake ones being sold.

The pictures are here
http://www.rafael.plus.com/tokai/tele/breezysound.htm

The serial is 221866
If anyone could date it too that would be cool.

The only thing that looks odd is the logo as you can see the outline of the transfer.

Any comments would be most appreciated.

Thanks
:D

By the shape of the headstock and the decal it looks like a 1984 Tokai, but Im not really up on the F*nder models.

Hi Raf. Only just seen this one,i own a mid 80`s BREEZY myself and i think from the pic`s this looks genuine and in very good nick too.As for your concerns about the decal,my 85 is the same it`s either a very thick decal they used or they put it on over the finish just like fender did on all their early guitars.A couple of things to look out for on this particular 63 replica.The machine heads should have DELUXE stamped down the back of their casing`s,the Rosewood fret board should be curved on the bottom where it`s glued to the maple neck not flat(slab).And the original Tokai bridge should have Tokai stamped on it.Also the pickups should have TEB stamped on their bottoms.As for age it can be anywhere between 1984-96.since then Tokai have used the new h/stock shape and traditional bridge.for guitars imprted to this country,and much earlier elsewhere.Unfortunately the serial number bears no relevance to date of manufacture.Hope this has been of some help.Frenchie.

Back