Bought a Tokai Paisley Tele!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your Tele looks straight out of '67. Try to wear an Afghan coat and some round blue sunglasses while playing it.

Seriously. It looks way better than all the comparisons. IMO it looks better than even the Fender original.

These Paisleys look very different in photos depending on where you take the photo.
I took some of my photos in a music store that has sunlight streaming directly into the store.
I also took some in the section of my apartment next to windows, same thing, light streaming in.

I could photoshop them to look much darker, more red than pink, etc.
But I've compared mine to a real Fender 68 and a Fender from the mid 90s.
The pink burst is almost identical, in fact the owner of the 68 reckons the current Tokai is "prettier".

Obviously they fade with time, the older they are and the more they're exposed to UV I guess the better they look.

Here is my Tokai with 2 1968 Fender Paisleys for comparison.

68FenderPaisleyPair-1-1-1.jpg
DSCF3194-2.jpg
p1_unm4yjtyq_so-1-1-1.jpg
DSCF3090-1-2-2.jpg

Just for comparision of how close the paper is here is a picture of Fender Paisley

Paisley3-1.jpg

and my Tokai( the picture is of the edge so that is why it is blurry at the bottom)

DSCF3255-1-1.jpg

I think this is the guitar that my guitar was copied from:

Left '68 Fender right is my Tokai

68Paisley_PAGE-1.jpg
DSCF3220-1.jpg

68Paisley_PAGE-2.jpg
DSCF3104-2-1.jpg

DSCF3129-2-1-1.jpg
68Paisley_PAGE-3-1.jpg
DSCF3103-1-2.jpg
68Paisley_PAGE-4-1.jpg

Pictures of the '68 Fender came from from this TDPRI thread

68Paisley_PAGE.jpg

bluesyrat said:
C'mon Fuzz! Go on the run!!! :lol:

Did you already see it?

Haha,thanks,but...if I buy that guitar I will have to buy a hat and change my name to Brad.

medium_brad-paisley.jpg

love the way the pink seems to have gone a dark red colour with age - or is that just the photos?

Iain

settebello said:
fuzztone said:
Haha,thanks,but...if I buy that guitar I will have to buy a hat and change my name to Brad.

medium_brad-paisley.jpg

And you have to buy a Dr.Z amp. :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxqXyWbwUHk

Volker

I watch the Brad Paisley video everyday in a music store, the one where he smokes John Mayer. :D
Also, he gives Mayer a Paisley Strat as a gift.

Interesting, Brad only has one Fender Pink Paisley, all his other guitars aren't Fenders.

Great great guitarist.

Latest posts

Back