hi all newbie in need of advice

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chu71

Reaction score
hi all i ve recently found out about tokai and i plan to get one soon. i m looking for a mosrite replica, the 67hummingbird, not the originals, but a later , if there are any, reissues.
anyway i ve seen the eastwood mosrite replica and the dillion, but i d really want a tokai...any help?

thanks

Hmm, I don't know how it looks, but the best place to find out are probably the available Tokai catalogues on the main site.

[Edit]
OK, after searching through the forum with the terms "mosrite hummingbird" I found some threads and a link dealing with a Tokai replica (released on Dec 1, 2004):

http://www.myrareguitars.com/tokaihummingbird.html

For those who don?t know, inc. me because I know precious little of this ? the original Mosrite guitars have become very collectable & valuable, especially in Japan. The first ones were made as custom orders in the early 1950?s, but became famous in late 50?s & early 60?s when the Ventures used them on a number of ?Surf? records. As you see in Hans link, they are highly stylised.

Chu-71 ?first welcome to the Forum 8) . I understand when you say you?d rather have a Tokai than a Dillion or Eastwood, and for Gibson & Fender copies almost everyone would immediately agree with you, but I have no idea on the Mosrite copies ? are they any good, do you know? What worries me slightly here is that the Mosrite shape is so individual that the market is probably tiny.

I'm not trying to put you off the Mosrite, be individual by all means (that's great), but just be aware that if you find you don?t like it or if you become bored with the unusual shape, then you might find you?re stuck with it.

Ian.

thats cool, i actually know the myrareguitars site. in fact i ve bought an axe off this guy and i recommend everybody to have a look at the site. awesome guitars, best value. and mike is cool to deal with.

i forgot to mention it in the post above...i was just wondering if any of u guys heard anything about these reissues from tokai themselves or maybe had even bought one...im sure this reissue on my rare guitars is good, i trust the guy 100%, and he said tokai made the series for him.

anyway i ll let u guys know when i finally get it...

thanks for the quick answer

I like the metallic red one, too, it fits the unusual body and pickguard shape quite well for my taste. And the P-90 pickups are also interesting, because I heard a band with a Fender Jazzmaster (similar pickups) some days ago on the Rock am Ring-Festival, and the guitar player had a great sound with it.

By the way, is it only me, or are all of you able to see all pictures on that page? I can only view half of them, the others didn't download even after a browser refresh.

lately it takes a while yea, but i do get to see all of them.
i ve never played a p90 equipped guitar, but im gettin into surf guitar sounds and im sure the hummingbird will respond oerfectly to that kind of vibe...still it ll be a blind purchase..

I love weird looking guitars, I'm really into some of the 'Burns Guitars' on that rare guitar site. Only just got my Tokai Jazz bass though so I'm trying to refrain myself! :D

my.php
[/URL]

i got this one, and i tell u. it s an absolute bargain...gives most fender strats a run for their money

i highly recommend u one of these, it s a marque...and there s very few left...seen them in a shop in spain selling for 750 eur...

ok...thy re being sold for 333 dollars + shipping, in case i wasn clear, not that i paid 750 eur...

Latest posts

Back