Tokai LP production numbers further demystified

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi
more :D :D
springy sound st 60 rose wood neck serial 0016034
and the springy sound st 42 (stamp in the neck pocket) serial 8000785 serial in the neck pocket
with black bottoms pickup and narrow neck plate
all the best
otto

Just arrived today 0008906 Reborn old LS120 OS :D

1980REBORNOLDLS120001.jpg

1980REBORNOLDLS120002.jpg

Thanks Jacco :)
Will start a new post soon after I open her up...Have you found any relation to serial numbers and solid tops??

an LS120 with a plain top?
The Phantom is having a seizure................................................

Congrats for your purchase Hunter. Your LS-120 reminds me my LS-80 a lot, altough no flamed figure on the top on mine as expected. I do love that Old Sunburst finish! And it?s light for a LP style guitar about 3,85 kg. Those Reborns have something special on them and a great neck shape.
I just put a Faber aluminium tailpiece( first runs) and it improved,more clarity and resonance I like.

hi
here is a nice early ls 60 from 1978
http://imageevent.com/chingo123/april2012/tokailprebornls60cs1207
all the best
otto

hi jacco
i was not the lucky guy who won it ,,,, i saw it ,,,, and then it was sold :D :D
but i did like the case :lol: :lol:
i could use a case like that
all the best
otto
i got the tokai ls 65 from chingo today .... i looks like the pickups are original :eek: :eek: :eek: and i am not sure if it is a solid top or a veneer top yet
looks like a solid top ,,,, but not 100 % sure yet
a 2 piece body center 50/50% :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:..... pots are fujigen :eek: :eek:
all the best
otto

hi
the pots says m500k and 93/94 so the are not from 1985 :-? so that is why i did say the seymour duncan 57 paf looked original ,,, un touched solders becourse the pot have been changed ,,,,,,
but after a quick set up ,,, it sounds ok ,,,, a bit to much treble for me ,,,, i like the pu 2 and double tricks much better
here are the link from chingo
http://imageevent.com/chingo123/february2012/tokailoverockls65sb1091
i am still not sure if it is a solid top ,,,,, if it is a veneere they have made one hell of a good job ,,,, but it is allmost impossibelt to see it is a 2 piece body ,,,,, i had to look really really really hard to see it :D :D
so it is possibelt it is a veneere top
all the best
otto

Hi folks just picked up my first Tokai les Paul pretty certin it's 1983

Serial number is 3013864, it's solid mahogany.

How do you post picks using an iPad on here?

[/img]

Welcome Moose! Upload the pics to Photobucket and then copy & paste the IMG code.
1983 it is indeed!

Latest posts

Back