Burny 80's LPC neck angle

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taffia

Reaction score
Hello all , I'm a long time trawler of this site and I suppose like many feel a bit guilty that my first post is to ask a bit of advice.
Anyways I bought a lovely looking Burny Custom from ebay last week as soon as I got it out of the case I could tell something was odd with the neck due to the bridge position . Basically the bridge thumbwheel sits about 8 mm from the base/top leaving a pretty spindly looking threaded portion connecting it to the body(with 9's fitted its almost off the thread). Now before I get flamed for not posting a pic the guitar is nearly 200 miles away at the moment at home so it'll have to wait and you'll have to use your imagination .
Has anyone else ever seen/heard of this on a Burny before ? Its a shame because its a great looking guitar but with a neck angle like this I'm loathed to keep it and with ebay rules the way they are I'm going to have to get the ball rolling soon . Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated .
As for me I've been playing for over 20 years and had a few lps / 335 type guitars but never ever seen a bridge like this before .

how right you are mate.
note the gap is about 8mm from body to thumbwheel . The truss rod is adjusted near flat and the action is as low as I can go with no buzzing .

2012-06-26203250.jpg

Hmmm :-? Studs are not working properly in that way... Could help a side photo of entire guitar leaning on a table...

Back