80s Tokai Dating Please

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shahpur

Reaction score
Hi , been an while since my last post . I have to sell a couple of my Tokais to raise some funds for my car insurance ( it has gone through the roof) .

I was wondering if anyone can help me date the instruments and the models

the first is an super edition which i think dates to 85 , i think the pickguard or tuners are not original very nice instrument which matcthing headstock and neck ( the pickups are grey backed with an bar magnet).

The second is an spring sound which i think is from 83 , it fiesta red but not sur of the model number or if the finish is nitro ( U branded pickups )

any idea of the value in the current market.

Any help would be much apppreciated

here are some pics

super6.jpg

super5.jpg

super4.jpg

super2.jpg

spring2.jpg

spring2.jpg

spring1-1.jpg

spring4.jpg

spring5.jpg

spring6.jpg

spring7.jpg

Well, you need to say what country you are living in right now, the values for selling these vary from country to country, and for the modified super edition it would be good to take pictures of the routes under the pickguard etc.

They both look to be in fine condition, thats a good bonus for selling.

Thank-you for the additional pics, those should help, i've heard that the UK has quite a few Tokai strat models floating about so the members from your side of the pond will be better at giving you a ballpark guess at how much you should start pricing them. Cudo's to you for keeping them in such great shape, they both look amazing for there age. Good luck.

I`d price the super edition at ?300 and the 83 Springy 50/55 at ?450.But that`s just my opinion.Gabe

The springy wont be nitro finish, if it was it's have E pick ups not U, most of the block logos were 50's, but still a great guitar. The neck should be a clear and decisive V shape for an 80, it looks like a normal C shape.

A nitro test using acetone wont be conclusive as even the st-80's have such a thin hard nitro it doesnt melt into a swab like proper nitro.

Sent a pm about the springy, I've been looking for a FO spingy for a while.

Latest posts

Back