insurance

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezra1

Reaction score
My home owners insurance does not do enough to protect my gear.About $1500 total.The Agent told me to get an estimation for insurance worth from a dealer to bump up my policy to where I would have replacement coverage.I probably got around 30 guitars..I am not as concerned about getting a fair market value on my U.S. made guitars,but concerned about getting proper value on my MIJ guitars.Should a dealer over here value my stuff with the Vintage Guitar Price Guide....in there they do value certain models of OBG guitars and basses,but I find the value placed on Tokai very low,as compared to what I see Tokai's going for..and there is no values for Greco guitars listed..Does anyone have anybody that they could recommend ?

ezra1 said:
My home owners insurance does not do enough to protect my gear.About $1500 total.The Agent told me to get an estimation for insurance worth from a dealer to bump up my policy to where I would have replacement coverage.I probably got around 30 guitars..I am not as concerned about getting a fair market value on my U.S. made guitars,but concerned about getting proper value on my MIJ guitars.Should a dealer over here value my stuff with the Vintage Guitar Price Guide....in there they do value certain models of OBG guitars and basses,but I find the value placed on Tokai very low,as compared to what I see Tokai's going for..and there is no values for Greco guitars listed..Does anyone have anybody that they could recommend ?

My insurance company accepted a list I made from ended auctions on Ebay on models which aren't in the Vintage Price Guide.

That sounds totally logical to me...and I have made photos and photos of the serial numbers...however the Agent (Farmers) wants something on paper from an authority (?) ,and not from me....

Perhaps Mark can help you.
It is rather common that dealers make a value statement.
Some charge a few bucks and some don't.
Ask him.

There's an insurance agency that specializes in underwriting guitars for insurance... few of my Texas pals use them. Let me get the info for you.

Latest posts

Back