Burny RLC knob front variations - is there a chronology?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voidoid56

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question for the forum re Burny Les Paul Customs, specifically black ones:

Mine (probably an early-mid 80's RLC-60) has black hat-style control knobs with black fronts, but I've also seen pics of otherwise identical-looking guitars with gold-fronted knobs (black, not all gold). Does anybody know if there is a chronology to this, i e where the gold and black ones used during different periods of production?

many thanks,

/Hans

Do you have pics? Do not understand your question.. this is the RLC knob used on all RLCs

knob.jpg

Mine has knobs like in your pic (though with the metal pointers at 90 degrees, not 45). The alternative style I'm talking can be seen inte last post of this forum thread page at mylespaul.com.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-les-pauls/5600-show-us-your-mij-les-pauls-66.html

My guitar looks pretty much identical, except for the knobs and plain truss rod cover. I've also seen the gold-fronted style on Sykes models and later RLC's with lightning headstock inlay.

Back