• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold: Tokai LS150 - Heritage Dark Cherry (Europe)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coolguy

Reaction score
Sold: Tokai LS150 in HDC in near-pristine state, incl. hardshell case

Chips on the headstock are pictured below. (nothing serious, just barely noticeable cosmetic flaws)

hdcbig.jpg

hdckist.jpg

hdcheadstock.jpg

hdcschuin.jpg

hdcserial.jpg

Chips & dings:

hdskop.jpg

hdcchip.jpg

hdcding.jpg

Pickups are standard Tokai PAF MK2 pickups.

Price: ?1050

Will ship in Europe, PM me if interested and I'll get you a quote with whatever service you prefer.

We can make this work! ;)

This is one hell of a pricey coffee table.
The pics look like a 2009 TLS-85 or so, with veneer top. The PAF MkII indicate it is a low-end model, the moustache headstock confirms a 2000-up build and the bell TRC has been addded on

I for one would not pay AUS$ 2400.00 for a low end model
Do you have an original receipt for it?
regards
Peter Mac

Peter Mac said:
...I for one would not pay AUS$ 2400.00 for a low end model
regards
Peter Mac

Huh? He's only asking about AUD $1350 for this guitar, but yeah, what is it exactly...

If it is an LS-150 then that seems a fair price. :)

Peter, it seems (seems) a one piece back; the bridge has brass saddles. To me is a 2009 ls150 with a bargain price... truss rod cover is changed but it's quite normal, the original tokai is simply awful... about the headstock, that is probably an uk market one...
:roll:

bluesyrat said:
Peter, it seems (seems) a one piece back; the bridge has brass saddles.

Yeah, I couldn't be sure from the pics that it was one piece, and bridges can be changed, so the brass saddle bridge is not as strong a factor.

Nice looker though! Fretboard has a good look to it for me - generally the guitar doesn't look low end IMO, but when buying on the web I like to be sure. :)

Peter Mac said:
This is one hell of a pricey coffee table.
The pics look like a 2009 TLS-85 or so, with veneer top. The PAF MkII indicate it is a low-end model, the moustache headstock confirms a 2000-up build and the bell TRC has been addded on

I for one would not pay AUS$ 2400.00 for a low end model
regards
Peter Mac

-I can assure you this guitar is a 2008 Tokai LS150HDC built for the British market (hence the headstock dimple)

-I am the second owner, Marco78 from this forum bought it from Richtonemusic in 2009 when they still were a Tokai dealer

-The PAFs are the standard pickups the LS150 series came with

-The bell TRC has been added by Marco78 since he lost the original cover

JVsearch said:
bluesyrat said:
Peter, it seems (seems) a one piece back; the bridge has brass saddles.

Yeah, I couldn't be sure from the pics that it was one piece, and bridges can be changed, so the brass saddle bridge is not as strong a factor.

Nice looker though! Fretboard has a good look to it for me - generally the guitar doesn't look low end IMO, but when buying on the web I like to be sure. :)

I'm glad to dispel any doubt surrounding the make and quality of this guitar.

Just name whatever you want to see and I'll be glad to take additional pictures when the sun comes out again (it's raining at the moment :()

geheel.jpg

nek1.jpg

nek2.jpg

trussz.jpg

Some commentary:

I've tried to picture the neck cavity as best I could on photograph.

1. There is no stamp which made me worry but I read someone (after a quick Google search) said even his LS370, LS420, etc. didn't always have a stamp

2. The guitar doesn't have a flimsy veneer top but the top looks quite thick from inside the pickup cavity (this is sadly almost not visible in a picture)

3. At least the trussrod with 2 screws should point in the direction of a MIJ guitar

Any more pictures required/thoughts: post it here.

And think twice before you say it's not an LS150. :roll:

Sorry to resurrect this thread after so long, found it on a Google search and had to comment. :D

Peter...
Tokai Australia don't import this model, it's a special order from Tokai called a LS150F, with a solid AAA flamed maple top...first made for Tokai UK.
Tokai Australia get the LS260 instead.
They also get the 'Vintage Series' LS140F which has a veneer flamed maple on top of a solid maple top.
http://www.tokaiguitarsaustralia.com.au/tokai_vintage_lp_style_ls_140f.html

This guitar, sold at a killer good price, is an AWESOME guitar.
It will go head to head with any Les Paul out there at any price.
I've played dozens of them side by side with R9s, and I can tell you it's very difficult to choose between the two.

Latest posts

Back