Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boracha La Cabronita Custom Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pegcityrocker
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Boracha La Cabronita Custom Build Reply with quote

I came across the Boracha La Cabronita a few months ago and fell in love with it. It's not everyone's cup of tea but I dug it. Not wanting to pay $5000 for one I decided to have Jason Banning of Banning Guitars build me a body and I put the rest together. It has an All Parts Chunky U shape neck, TV Jones Magnatron pickup and... well actually that's about it, there's not much to it - it's a pretty simple guitar but man does it sound killer! It is a super clear, powerful toned machine. It has single coil spank and clarity with humbucking silence and extra grit when you crank it up or stomp on the over-drive.

Jason is a great builder. I was able to select the plank of wood we used and over-saw the entire shaping, painting and relic'ing process. He's definitely a class act.

Last edited by Pegcityrocker on Thu May 10, 2012 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda cool.... how does it sound?
Pegcityrocker
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned - Killer! It is a super clear, powerful toned machine. It has single coil spank and clarity with humbucking silence and extra grit when you crank it up or stomp on the over-drive.

It has great sustain as well. The body is Alder so it has some weight to it but I think the tonal qualities suit it well. It's the clearest sounding guitar I have owned. I would describe it as bell like clarity that cuts through without being abrasive. But crank up the tube amp and watch out!
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks really comfy to play. Is that a belly cut with some paint scraped off/relic ??
Pegcityrocker
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes on both counts. It does have a belly cut and it is a light relic. It's basically a reverse jazzmaster. Super comfy to play, sitting or standing.
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, I quite like it and think it would be cool in many colours etc. There really is something just right about a one pickup guitar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: