1980 Tokai LS-150 sells for WHAT ???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CliffsGuitarWorld

Reaction score
Here ya go..

1980 Tokai LS-150 sells for 500,000 yen... thats how much in your neighborhood?

http://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction/view/b135609499

More than what the last LS-200 sold for a few years back.
I think it came down to a bidding war and proving grounds.
Nice top no doubt but other than that top it is an LS-80 really.
I bet you it will be relisted

Udonitron said:
I bet you it will be relisted

I think the Japanese sellers have really caught on when it comes to driving up the prices on certain items. It's pretty obvious when those Japan bidding services are in play and I would not be shocked by some shill bidding.

I sold my '05 LS-150 for $1450 including 2 sets of pickups. At the same time, an identical guitar was on yahoo Japan for around 198,000 yen. Guitars are not cheap in the land of the rising sun anymore!

Jason

Come on now, you can't even put a 1980 LS-150 and a 2005 LS-150 in the same sentence.

Competition for high spec early guitars is intense for a good reason. Recent ones - nice guitars but not likely to create a bidding war.

Udonitron said:
30 years from now however, they will lol

There are times when I regret modding my 200 as much as I have...

Fortunately all I have to do is play it and I feel better again. :lol:

Cali Girl said:
Come on now, you can't even put a 1980 LS-150 and a 2005 LS-150 in the same sentence.

Competition for high spec early guitars is intense for a good reason. Recent ones - nice guitars but not likely to create a bidding war.

You just put them in a sentence together quite nicely. I was just making a bit of a joke, i would never expect to get $5000.00 for my 2005. Havin' a bit of fun is all. I don't expect to sell and in 20 years i'll most likely be dead so i don't have to worry about increased values.

Back