Jap or korean?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonto

Reaction score
I purchased this Love Rock whilst on holiday in Canada

It has the so called law suit headstock(so Im told) but with the non bell shaped truss rod cover (3 screws)
No serial number at all as far as I can see
Im gonna up some pics
any help on the above mentioned clues would be appreciated
also what finish is it ?
the pics make it look redder than it actually is ,it looks far yellower in real life
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/nick.barnes2/Loverockpics/

Thanks

Tonto said:
also what finish is it ?
the pics make it look redder than it actually is ,it looks far yellower in real life
To me this looks like the usual cherry sunburst, can't help you with the other questions though, maybe JSD will.

Ok thanks mate you are probably right
the guy in the shop where I bought it reckoned it was lemonburst but that seems a little off to me,either way its a cool guitar and plays very nicely so im well pleased with it

Cheers all the best

Nick

I recently found a page in a newer Tokai catalogue where they listed all abbreviations for their available finishes. I think it was p.5 of the 2002 catalogue, but you can search for it on the main site.

So is it MIJ or MIK

also whats the score with the lack of serial number and is there any way of dating it

Thanks

It's Korean, which is why it doesn't have a serial (I think Koreans only got a serial in 2002 or 2003, so yours is older than that).

Looks very nice, though :)

Latest posts

Back