What about new Grecos?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tav

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was looking at the Tokai guitars in Apollon Music, when I noticed that they have new Greco guitars as well. They do Zemaitis copies, I think starting around the 150,000 yen mark, and some semi-acoustics and hollow-body guitars. They did a 335 copy for 135,000 yen rrp.

They sound like good guitars (would have to be for that price!). Has anyone had any experience with modern Greco guitars?

Cheers, Tav

I bought a new Burny LP copy from Ishabishi last year . It was a complete and total piece of ****. I couldn't ebay that piece of garbage fast enough. But I was curious , you know? The only other new guitar I ever owned that was as bad was a Dean explorer. Maybe if you're a 14 yr old with no money they might be "kewl" but not for a grown up.

Burny is part of the Fernandes family.
I`ve seen those Grecos in all the magazines but not in real life. They must all be in the big cities `cause they ain`t here. The only new Greco catalog I have is for theso Zemitiis copies too...so I have no idea what else they`re up to. Over the last few years they made a variety of models in every prce range with the low end stuff made outside Japan so as wth everybody else they have some good ones and some I wouldn`t want. I`d like to know what else they`re doing though... those Zemitis` look nice but that doesn`t mean much.

I'm sure it was Korean, whatever is on the Burny/ fernendes website. It was a lot like the old Hohner lp's, another p.o.s. i.m.h.o. when you turned it sideways you went "hey, where did the rest of it go ? "

in Japan those lowest end models are MIC. They retail for 45,000/55,000 yen and considering mark-up, I`d guess they cost less than a couple of hundred to make so we...myself included... shouldn`t expect miracles at those prices. Not defending Burny, don`t own one but the Japanese make some of my favoite guitars.

Only 90 models are made in Japan as seneaky says the rest are made in Korea on the "poor" fit and finish side to me.That flames are not relistic at all.I could check one a year ago and I did not like it so much.And I don't need Fernandes sustainer at all.

Back