Orville 56 LP Custom

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koubayashi

Reaction score
Picked this one up today.
As far as I can remember I have only seen one before.

From 1996

bild.jpg

Pegcityrocker said:
lol So much for the "done with japanese guitars" resolution. Once an addict, always an addict. :lol:

Only cause it is a rare one.
I wouldn't feel like buying a 57 style Orville Custom

Exactly, that's what it's all about. That's why we love MIJ guitars so much, you never know when that "perfect", "rare", "collectable for a great price" guitar is going to come up.

I mean, are we ever really "done"? What does it mean to be "done"? I've said it many times but I always find myself trolling around again for that "one". Or sometimes I find that it just shows up on my screen and I must have it. I myself declared I was "done" last month - then last night I go and buy a Navigator. So much for that. :)

Koubayashi said:
Pegcityrocker said:
lol So much for the "done with japanese guitars" resolution. Once an addict, always an addict. :lol:

What ever..... I think its time you have a fire sale!!! :wink:

CliffsComicWorld said:
Koubayashi said:
Pegcityrocker said:

What ever..... I think its time you have a fire sale!!! :wink:

No, no fire sales.
Then my pockets be on fire and we all know where that would end :D

wulfman said:
I have never seen one. Any idea on the serial number of that one?

Serial: 611452

Seems there were some weird stuff coming from Orville that year.
I had a Orville (non by Gibson or by Gibson reissue) which had one piece back and nitro finish.

very nice and bloody rare - i've never seen or heard of one before!

ebony or rosewood board?

Mono said:
very nice and bloody rare - i've never seen or heard of one before!

ebony or rosewood board?

Rosewood.

I will sell her soon so if you are interested let me know.
Trades are possible as well of course.

Hi, can you tell me more about this guitar or post more pics. I've been searching for an MIJ 56 BB custom and came across this. Seems it's just a normal Fujigen Orville that sold for $102 and has been converted if you look at the photos from this ad

http://www.gibsonlespaulcustom.net/for-sale/gibson-les-paul-custom-for-sale/27648/orville-les-paul-custom-mij-1996-black-gibson

gibson%20les%20paul%20custom-276481205902629664.jpg

gibson%20les%20paul%20custom-276481205902629663.jpg

Same serial and damage on the neck etc I've been thinking of doing something similar since there don't appear to be any 56 LPC's I can find other than the navigators or edwards. What's the routing and touch up like and was it hard to do ?

Thanks

Does anyone know if Koubayashi still has this guitar? I'd love to see some better pics of how well the conversion did or didn't come off.

Latest posts

Back