6 digit Tokai Love rock?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicholasim

Reaction score
Hi guys, i just bought a Toaki love rock 2nd hand. It plays great and i love it a lot. Only problem is that the note on the 19th and 20th fret is the same, i assume this is the problem of uneven frets right?

Ok, so the seller told me this is a Korean made guitar, i did a little bit of research before buying and found that the china made ones start with C or CH, my guitar is just 6 numbers, so i assumed it was Korean.

Now i just want to confirm with you guys as i read from the site that it is supposed to have 7 digits not 6.

Someone please help to identify

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3738.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3741.jpg

IMG_3740.jpg

IMG_3742.jpg

With these pics it still could be Chinese or Korean.
Do you have a close up of the pots and pics of the tenon, and the routing of both pickup cavities?

:( i bought it for about $300 USD. Dam.. should have done more research, i thought the serial numbres on the china made one starts with C or CH, thats why i bought this thinking it was Korean.

Well, main thing that matter is that the guitar plays and sounds great. Only thing i would fault was the craftmanship.

1) Frets needed some leveling which i done myself.
2) One of the machine head is not aligned, see the pic in the 1st post.
3) when i remove any screws on the guitar, there is saw dust.

Nothing else to fault really. Hmm, is $300 USD an acceptable price for a chinese made Tokai? 2nd hand, condition was probably 8/10.

That is a Korean guitar, of some description.

Tell tale points are the Tone & Vol knobs, shape of the nut, cream plastic cavity plates, colour of the green on the tuners, the usual Korean buffing compound in the fretboard grain, it also lacks the usual squeezed out glue around the neck tenon that the Chinese models have.

Oddities are the quilt top, the bridge saddles look more like Chinese hardware, the serial number being stamped, (any serial number for that matter) and lack of "Made in Korea" in gold under the clear finish.

Probably an Alder body with maple neck scarf jointed behind the 2nd~3rd fret.

$300 USD sounds like a fair price, should be a good thing.

Latest posts

Back