Can anyone help Identify my Guitar?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

price.aj

Reaction score
Hello People.
I bought my guitar a while ago (1995'ish) from a friend, he bought it second hand from some fella around 10 or 12yrs before that, it was suggested it may be late 70's? But I have no idea.
A brief description then, It's labelled on the headstock as "Tokai SUPER EDITION", cream in colour with black scratchplate, two pickups, volume & tone knobs and pick up selector, the number on the metal plate on the back is 113311. Sorry for the dumbed down description, but I'm not a Guitar Anorak, hopefully someone out there is!
Yours in anticipation
Drammond

hi price.aj
Super Editiions were released around 1986 so thats a closer mark than 70's.
It would have been a lower model due to the painted body but without a pic it is very hard to determine the model.
Such idenifying things are...
pickups - poles or active type
tremelo - strat or floyd rose type
number of knobs - 2,3 or 4
hardware - chrome or gold
body shape ????
headstock shape
logo style

It all adds up

regards
Peter

Thank you for your reply Guitar God, I shall sacrifice a virgin at the ALTER of ROCK in your honour.

Thanks for your input, but I'd prefer if you could identify the number on the back! 113311 Any idea, purely curiosity on my part. Much appreciated

After about 1981 the Fender copies don?t really have a serial number ? the number on the neckplate doesn?t give the manufacturing date, it just indicates which style/date of US Fender they are copying ? eg, according to Registry a 6-digit number like yours indicates a copy of features found on US Fenders made from mid-60?s to mid 70?s http://www.tokairegistry.com/tokai-info/tokai-fender.html :-? .

Ian.

Latest posts

Back