Breezysound transformed into 'Space Cadet'

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imosdad

Reaction score
Love my metallic red breezy - great neck, nice weight, sounds fantastic.

DSC_0166small.jpg

But then I started to fantasise about something unique. And with the help of Louise Spiers (Louise Spiers [[email protected]]) transformed it into the Breezy 'Space Cadet'...

DSC_0174small.jpg

DSC_0172small.jpg

DSC_0176small.jpg

DSC_0175small.jpg

Still plays as great as ever. But I've got a bigger smile on my face!

I suspect there may be a few for and against this!

Cheers

Dave

Well I like it, I think it looks awesome. I am fond of my Squier Stratocaster decorated with stickers and decals but that decoupage definitely raises the bar for personalised instruments.

Mirrorboy - thanks for the comments. I didn't know what decoupage was until a month ago! Still got very fond memories of your fantastic pink goldie.

Marcus - the neck really is fantastic. Very similar to the one on my Metallic Blue Goldie. Tokai really did get it right with neck profiles and boards back then.

Dave

Mirrorboy - thanks for the comments. I didn't know what decoupage was until a month ago! Still got very fond memories of your fantastic pink goldie.

Marcus - the neck really is fantastic. Very similar to the one on my Metallic Blue Goldie. Tokai really did get it right with neck profiles and boards back then.

Dave

Wow, a brave move. Did you have any choice on the images? Is the 1965 date significant? It is unique with great images, real retro. I can see a super hero one would be great or a 2000AD or Judge Dredd theme would be great.

I would probably do it to a battered guitar. Well done.

Hi Iain,

Thanks for the comments. Images are from first edition of a science fiction type magazine called Ranger bought when I was pretty young. Always loved that optimistic 'we'll all be riding round on hoverbikes and have personal robots to cater for our every needs' back then.

I suggested some favourite images and Louise did the rest and sealed it with numerous coats of varnish.

Yeah a Judge Dredd version would be something!

Dave

Dave, I hope you don't find that the first edition is worth a lot of money! I cant see anyone using the issue 4 of Detective Comics featuring the first Batman appearence as they are selling for millions of dollars.

I've got an old M&S Doctor Who annual maybe that would be cool. You've got me thinking about a radioactive green Strontium Dog strat now!

Hi Iain,

Thanks for the comments. Images are from first edition of a science fiction type magazine called Ranger bought when I was pretty young. Always loved that optimistic 'we'll all be riding round on hoverbikes and have personal robots to cater for our every needs' back then.

I suggested some favourite images and Louise did the rest and sealed it with numerous coats of varnish.

Yeah a Judge Dredd version would be something!

Dave

Back