THE BLIND TEST ENDED

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought that different guitars sounded better with different segments, and could happily live with K1, K3 or K4. I'm guessing that K1 and K3 are the same. To my ear K2 was clearly the worst of the bunch ? too murky in the lower registers. But that was only until just after the two and a half minute mark, when three apparently normal guitars suddenly became absolutely excruciating. Ah yes, the music. That's the most important thing.

Obviously the right guitar for you isn't the one that sounds 'best', but the one that lets you get closest to your music.

Thanks a lot! All noted...

@BlueThird: your "excruciating" reminded me a very famous Catullo's verse, that we can apply to the GAS matter

Quare id faciam, fortasse requiris.
Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

Perhaps you ask me how I do.
I do not know, but I feel that this is happening, and I am tormented.

we could try to recite it our wives in times of real need (such as the courier is at the door...)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not convinced that someone's distress at another human being having bought a new guitar (an unambiguous act of love, quite obviously) can possibly compare to mine at hearing echoes of Knopfler!

bluesyrat said:
Quare id faciam, fortasse requiris.
Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

Perhaps you ask me how I do.
I do not know, but I feel that this is happening, and I am tormented.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That reminds me of Salvo Montalbano torn between his love of pasta and his love for Livia :lol:

k01 - Tokai ST-100
k02 - Tokai TST-50
k03 - Tokai TST-50
k04 - Fernandes R9

It doesn't help that he strings catch your fingers more on the opening chords on K02 and K03, but that's just a lame excuse in case I am wrong!

K01 definitely sounds richer and similar to k04
k02 and k03 sound similar too.

Intriguing test. I wouldn't buy k01 he added bravely! :eek:

hey bluesy, i finally got sound :D

ko1 = st100
ko2 = fernandes
ko3 = st100
ko4 = st50

clips 1+3 i like best.

cheers jonah.

I have no experience with any of these guitars, so I can't guess which is which. That said I like number 4 closely followed by number 2. 1 and 3 sounded the same to me.

Roll up, roll up all you people that still haven't had a go! It's not like you will lose the farm if you get it wrong :D

I'm beginning to suspect that some of the famous Tokai afficionados on here have cloth ears 8)

mirrorboy said:
I'm beginning to suspect that some of the famous Tokai afficionados on here have cloth ears 8)

Well I've got my guess in, probably prove my ears are cloth!

JohnA said:
mirrorboy said:

Well I've got my guess in, probably prove my ears are cloth!

I think the results will probably prove my ears are tin!

Latest posts

Back