Are ANY Tokai acoustic decent? Like their good electrics?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Malloy

Reaction score
I played a Cats Eyes a few years ago that was the biggest piece of **** I ever touched. Cheap garbage.

Mitch it woukld depens on the specs. Your guess is wrong and I do feel very sad when someone thinks Tokai as garbage or one of the pile brand. That?s the reason I just told about making a clear line between japanese Tokai stuff and imported.
Tokai is well know by building great acoustic guitars, in fact Adachi-san was sent to Martin which Tokai has a deal backn in 70?s.

As far as you are a well known artist in the musical bussiness, I would contact Tokai and talk them about what you are looking for. I am pretty sure they would be very glad you playing a Cat?s Eye.

I'm in contact with them and they seem happy about it. But I haven't asked them about an acoustic yet. I wanted to ask on here first. I think what I tried was probably Chinese as it really was junk but it did say Cats eyes on it. IF i wanted a medium size body like the shape Taylor made famous what would I ask them for? I hate dreadnoughts. And Small OM size.

Mitch, Tokai has a special order system so I guess you would choose what you like. I am not very keen on acoustics but Adachi-san is a truly expert with Tokai team. I was lucky to see how he was teaching Tokai luthiers by accident, he himself.

Tokai is always looking for endorsement so I guess they must be happy with your request. I would be so if you knock my door if I crafted guitars for sure.

Good luck and let them guide you.

Thank you Luis. They are building me some special electric that they can actually export. They are designing it now. I have also requested an acoustic and they said ok. They said the electric would take time to design. But I need an acoustic right away. They make a Taylor looking acoustic it's on the UK web site. Very curious as to what kind of quality it is.

http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=58&category_id=11&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=31

Hi Mitch,

If you need something MIJ quickly have a look on ebay as there's a guy on there called, I think, Little Dan - he has very nice MIJ acoustics all from the 70s and early 80s and his prices are good and feedback excellent...

best wishes,

John.

that's it:
http://myworld.ebay.it/little.dan0408&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SELLERID&_trksid=p3984.m1543.l2533

he now doesn't have items...

Thanks hes out of stock I'm looking for a new guitar anyway. Acoustics have come a LONG way in just the last few years.

Latest posts

Back