which multimeter?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Willie Style

Reaction score
Hey all, gonna start trying to do some of my own pickup changes (wish me luck! :lol: ). Can anyone tell me what I should use for a multimeter? Any brand you'd recommend or is the $5 no-name Hong Kong eBay unit enough for what I need? Any advice would be appreciated!

Jason

If you're feeling generous you could always buy two & send the other one to MIJVintage...

:wink:

Mike

Big Willie Style said:
Just grabbed a Hong Kong special off the 'bay for $.99 + $8 shipping. We'll see how it works!

Jason

That'll be more than good enough for guitar stuff / DIY electronics, even todays cheapest multimeters are feature packed and accurate!

stratman323 said:
If you're feeling generous you could always buy two & send the other one to MIJVintage...

:wink:

Mike

No need mij uses his ears!! Not quite sure what he does when his mains supply needs checking, one jump-lead on each lobe? Probably explains his electric personality :wink:

If you have the money,get a Fluke....however,there is a company in the U.S. by name of MCM Electronics that sells Fluke and several other "name brands" but the in-house brand "Tenma" is inexpensive and all of their gear is top notch.Be it 'scopes to meters to soldering irons.I have had some of their gear for over 10 yrs. and it holds up.The company I work for provides me with Fluke gear.But at home for my projects I have Tenma.....MCM can be called at 800-543-4330 or MCMelectronics.com

Latest posts

Back