ObG LPS-'59R and LPS-57C

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezra1

Reaction score
What is the average weight for these guitars ?I have found some of the '59's to be well over 9 lbs...about 9lbs.12 to 14 oz. and I really like lighter guitars and found a plain top '57 at 8 lbs. and 14 oz..(that is about the lightest plain top I have found,well,there was another at 8 lbs. 12 oz.)so can somebody help a brother out ? I would love to pull the trigger on a '59,but that seems heavy.The plain top is really in the ballpark weight wise,but not as visually appealing.

I guess you already found this site

http://www.japanguitars.co.uk/Page%202%20Orville%20By%20Gibson.html

If not it's nice to check the different weights.But sounds like you were talking about 2 of those OBGs

Yes indeed..I got a very nice ObG double cutaway TV Yellow LP Jr. from Mark a few yrs. ago that has a really great neck,so I called him and got some really good advice .

Very very nice !!! Believe it or not but I was thinking yesterday about buying exactly this guitar.But makes no sense before I do not sell 1 or 2 others...

my ObG terada made standard is 8 pounds.....

Image0090.jpg

I don't think I'll ever sell it...

ezra1 said:
8 lbs. is a sweet sweet weight....you are a lucky person !!

yep..it's super resonant....very round tone.....

Crazy thing is....I think it was meant to be a K orville....(non by Gibson), as it has a couple of features common to that line....namely a 3 piece body, and neck heel cap.

Maybe when they got it together and played it...they were like OK...that's got to be a "by Gibson" model....lol...

I do believe that more often than not great specs will give you a great guitar, but this guitar is the exception to that generalization.

And in the end I'm more interested in great sound, than having a trophy guitar.

Back