ANOTHER PHANTOM PICKUP REVIEW

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Oligo, I got to really try the Dry Z's live last night and they are great.
There's no doubt these pickups sound fantastic, but IMHO $600?
Most guys can get something for a fraction of the cost where they would not know the difference. However if you are a tone aficionado you will seek these out but again its the most expensive pickup Ive had to buy.
Again I still need more time and trying it out in different guitars to get an even more in depth detail review.I also want to see see how the Z's sit in a mix as a solo track, that will be interesting to.

The Phantom

marcusnieman said:
Oh Marcus,
you've been a stick in the mud since day 1

That's rather haughty of you to say. In the almost 9 years here on this forum, I'm sure most would say that I'm rather even keeled, post substantive information and have a sense of humor. I'm not prone to sarcastic or smart assed remarks - I'd love to see that post you refer too because I can't find it - however if I did say that, then you might have caught me on a bad day as we mortals sometimes have. But I did find plenty of "nice guitar" comments from me on your photos.

First of all this isn't as forum for quarreling

Who's quarreling?? I gave an honest comment and you obviously took offense.

and that kind of continued down the line.
So it's that kind of behavior that makes me stay anonymous

Bro, if you get that easliy offended on this very civil forum compared to some of the others out there that would chew you up and have to hide behind anonymity, that's pretty funny. It also appears that you've picked up your toys and left the sandbox before:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=18738&highlight=

Oh, and if you're in my back yard again, look me up, let me shake your hand and buy you a beer. That's how we do it here in Texas.

ha ha ha
I just read this
Marcus you were the reason I left the first time as well
I have met people in Texas who have become life long friends
sorry you don't resemble anything Texas
and dont worry The Phantom has thick skin woooo hhaaaaaaaaa

Back