No love for this one?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hans-j?rgen

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7325715075

Another one from the same dealer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7325685293

How's that a fraud? Looks like regular Korean Tokais to me.

The only questionable thing in the auction that I can see, is this statement: "ALL DUTY AND CUSTOM CHARGES ARE COVERED IN THE PRICE AND BY OUR COURIER!". Very hard to believe.

Err... what's a COA? I only wondered if the cherry sunburst would have a maple neck like the dark one has. As far as I remember, the dealer even offers to take it back if you don't like it. Anyhow, did you have a bad experience with him in the past?

All japanese Tokais come with a triptic(small 3 piecescartoon with a stamp in red colour ink with a date(japanese dating of course:emperor time) and the model which it is(LS-50,60,80....),so I good thing to know it's japanese is asking for this cartoon to show.
About models be aware as 50 ans 60 imodel are korean now.

As far as I remember, the dealer even offers to take it back if you don't like it

Than it might be to late.

Anyhow, it was strange for my opinion. So nice "Tokai" guitars. No where else available, even not of the rest of the world. Exept, in Ebay Canada!!?? Strange!

I passed Hans-Juergen?s posting this morning to Mr. Shohei Adachi, President of Tokai Gakki, Hamamatsu, Japan.

He goes upset. Answer: "We do not know these guitars."

So it?s seems, there is a gang of some "Ebay dealers" on the scene. Sells to the musicians falsificates. Such fakers should be putted in the prison.

Note: Nothing against those guitars. It is no junk. They may be worth every cent. No daubt.

BUT THERE ARE NO TOKAIS!!!
And this is not legal.

Pit

Flee-bay dealers are exactly that and only that, flee-bay dealers. Thats what you would be dealing with in this case. They are available elsewhere other than flee-bay....;) Don't believe everything you read in a flee-bay add many are well known for there "creative" adds and false promisses and just try to directly contact them..... :roll:

And Hans, all the Korean Love Rocks come with Canadian rock maple necks.

Korean made guitars do not come with any kind of "COA" but they are made under licence as shown on the back of the headstock.
love_rock_rbb8.jpg

I think all this bashing of this seller is a little crazy. I bought a guitar from him. He was very helpful, the guitar was packed great, it was exactly as described and was delivered in a timely fashion. Leave it alone.

Togps ?hi welcome to the Forum. But please take care with what you say ? please avoid talking about ?fakers should be put in prison? etc., ? that?s just asking for trouble.

I know we have a language barrier, & I thank you for trying to write in English ? but I don?t see anything wrong with those guitars. Only unusual thing I see is sellers offer to pay tax & duty (don?t think he really means that,?not sure what he means there ? but any buyer can always email him to clarify).

Guys - just be careful not to accuse people of being fraudulent ? you may be wrong, & they probably won?t thank you/us for the insults.

Ian.

Togps ? please DO NOT repeat what you said in your first post. I already asked you not to do that :eek: .

By all means discuss this. But avoid calling anyone a fraud or cheat, don?t repeat any of that stuff ? just stay calm & objective about it, whatever you think.

If you believe you have evidence of serious wrongdoing & you want to pursue the matter then please send a PM (private message) either to me or to Ned and we can discuss it with you off the air.

But Do Not Post Any More Stuff about Fraud etc. Clear?

Ian.

Togps - no, you send me a PM ... you're the one with the info :-? .

What will happen? Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves ... let me see what you have to say, OK? Keep it clean & factual.

But Forums like this are for general discussion, not for starting legal rows which might end up with people being sued in court. Yikes! :roll:

Ian.

JSD said:
And Hans, all the Korean Love Rocks come with Canadian rock maple necks.
Thanks for the info and the headstock picture. What about the other usual specs of Korean Love Rocks (if there are any), is the body always mahogany (how many parts)? The top is probably veneer, right? Is it maple or sycamore (wouldn't bother me because it looks great anyhow)? Last but not least are these Tokai copies with correct cutaway and only slightly altered headstock only available in Canada and not in the U.S. or Europe?

I'm sorry that my posting caused so much trouble, I only saw these two adds this morning on the Tokai Registry site in the ebay list section and thought it was a very good offer all in all (US $489.00) which strangely hadn't been noticed for 6 days. Anyhow, it's gone in the meantime...

Hi Hans ... hey no problem 8) . Your original post was fine ... problem was just that it touched a raw nerve with Togps & obviously he'd been investigating this previously ... but this is a public Forum & I just didn't want Togs to go to far and say things which might bring an unwanted intervention from the eBay seller. :-?

Ian.

ian said:
But Forums like this are for general discussion, not for starting legal rows which might end up with people being sued in court. Yikes! :roll:

Ian.

Cool...The Tokai Registry - the "official lawsuit" Forum! :wink:

Ha, ?official lawsuit forum? :lol: . Well ? I hesitate to return to the original subject here, but just add that Togps & I have exchanged a couple of private emails & we now understand each other perfectly with no issues whatsoever.

I can?t say for certain what?s right or wrong with those guitars, whether they?re made by Tokai or not (well none of us know anything literally for ?certain?), but anyone thinking of buying a guitar like that should of course check carefully to see exactly what they?re getting, regardless of what claims are made either by the seller or by any of us on the Forum. Hope that?s not too cryptic lol :wink: .

Ian.

Back