That $2000+ one of a kind Love Rock...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hans-j?rgen

Reaction score
Can't seem to find the original thread anymore, but I think it's interesting that it was sold one day after the auction started for the "buy it now" price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=7324838103&rd=1

Holy Moly - I never heard of an LS450! For that kind of crazy money, I'd want it to say either "Gibson" or - preferably - "Tokai" on the headstock.

Novosel said:
Holy Moly - I never heard of an LS450! For that kind of crazy money, I'd want it to say either "Gibson" or - preferably - "Tokai" on the headstock.
Novosel, is your nick on the LPF "slim taper" (also from Vancouver)? If not, read this:

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85277&highlight=tokai

Hmm, I remember that LPF thread ? it was really about LS320 vs. Historic (though I added my 2cents recommending 1978-79 Reborn LS80 instead), but interesting that Scott Lenz praised ?1980?s Love Rocks? ? I don?t know when LS320 was first offered (which year?), but I think it?s highly unlikely that Lenz was talking of anything except the normal Love Rock range from LS50 to LS200.

Ian.

I think the only advantage over a LS320 would be the Tom Holmes which you could sell for $500, but that is offset by the goofy headstock.

funny you mention scott lentz- A few years ago I brought a 1977 Burny Flamtope for him to check out-I pulled the pickups out and showed him the center seam on the flametop and he would still not admitt that it was a real flametop(kinda like ian with LS120's :oops: )

Scott said "yep those japs are real trickey"

I couldn't believe that even with proof some people just can't accept ( I guess "Reality")

That's all I have to say about that !

Latest posts

Back