Jonesy and his Burny

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cashcow

Reaction score
316990449_cfee087d33.jpg

Sex Pistol Steve Jones playing a Burny

http://www.cookandjones.co.uk/fernandes.htm

"You've recently switched to Fernandes. Why was this?

Yeah. That's a guitar they've got called a Burny. It still looks like a Les Paul, they've made it look pretty much the same. The thing is, it's about a hundred times better! The way it plays and the sound. They're brilliant. Really good. And they f u c k ing give me them! Gibson are c u n t s, they never give me anything.

What, after all these years?

You'd think they would, wouldn't you? They can s u c k my c o c k!

Did Fernandes approach you?

Yeah. I met them when I was in Japan with Ray McVeigh. Ray had a band out there called Zilch, and I went out there and got up and did a couple of songs with them. I met the Fernandes guys there and they were hard on to give me a couple of things. Their guitars are really nice, they are way better than Gibsons. And I'm not just saying that! You know what the Japs are like? They can copy anything and make it better, and that's what they've done. I would have been more loyal to Gibson but they've treated me like a c u n t.

Have you played on any records yet with your new Fernandes?

Not yet, as soon as I do I'll be using it, I know that. I'm not playing Gibsons any more, I'm done with it. I've got one left, that I'm going to flog! If you know anyone out there who wants to buy my last Gibson white Les Paul, let me know!" :lol:

Interview was actually done a few years before Gibson came out with a Steve Jones Custom. Hopefully they gave him one. :wink:

hahaah funny guy - makes his point clear.

i for one knwo that the guitarist of a very big metal band with a contract with a "metal guitar " brand, records on a vintage les paul.

chu71 said:
hahaah funny guy - makes his point clear.

i for one knwo that the guitarist of a very big metal band with a contract with a "metal guitar " brand, records on a vintage les paul.

Metallica? They even play live with 1959 and 1960 Les Pauls... really cool.

Jonesy didn't hold his word, he is playing Gibsons all over... the guy has a great rock 'n roll style of playing, love it! And stellar tone...

Back