Phil Keaggy on tour

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokaigeezer

Reaction score
Phil Keaggy is bringing his acoustic tour to the UK and Ireland. I have seen him play four times and he seems to be getting better each time out. He uses a JamMan to lay down rhythms and then plays amazing stuff over it. I've seen him record a lickI5{wards, and then play it in real time backwards, with the track, and then play it forwards again. The guitar players in the audiences go bonkers! His work with an E-Bow will leave you slack-jawed. :eek: Please excuse the raving. He is a dazzling virtuoso and has been featured in Guitar Player mag many times sincing his Glass Harp days in the late '60s, so you guys may want to check him out.

He tends to play small gigs, often at small churches or community centers. Ticket prices are always reasonable. His music is Christian-oriented but then again much of his playing is purely instrumental. His material ranges from ballads to classical to flat-out shredding. He is a really nice guy and very accessible after shows (he even signed a small Martin for me once). He's not that widely known, even here in the States, but well worth checking out. His Web site is:
www.philkeaggy.com
and is very informative, with bio, recording history and more tour dates, including a page on his gear.

Here are the concerts:

06-13-05 - Stoke -on- Trent, UK
06-14-05 - Ballymena, UK
06-15-05 - Newtownards, UK
06-16-05 - Dublin,?Ireland

Cheers

Steve

Errr ... must have had a seizure when I wrote:

He uses a JamMan to lay down rhythms and then plays amazing stuff over it. I've seen him record a lickI5{wards, and then play it in real time backwards, with the track, and then play it forwards again. The guitar players in the audiences go bonkers!

Meant to write:

I've seen him record a lick backwards, and then play it again (backwards) in unison with the tape in real time, and then play it forwards again.

All better now

Steve

Latest posts

Back