Microphonic VH-1 pickups on Burny RLG 70 (1998)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorishovie

Reaction score
Hi burny guys,

my first Burny arrived two weeks ago and I?m surprised about the pickups (around 7-8k). They simply cannot play overdriven sound because they are microphonic - whistling, they are not potten in wax. I?ve never read about this fact. Clean and slightly overdriven sound is delicous and extraordinary but I need more overdrivven one. I?ve read in one article that the pickups were not potted since about 1988, can you confirm this?

Thanx, Alex.

This guitar is from Chingo - from Tokio and as I can see you?re from France. 8) So I believe i?ts not yours.

No replies about the pickups?
Yo, Alex.

Alex, you're not the first that reported that these are non wax potted but I don't know if it's a rule for all, or for all periods, there's 4 types of VH1 during the 1983-1998 period. But if it's microphonic & you like the sound, why don't you wax them?

Jacco thanx for reply. I haven?t found any info about microphonic pickups on this forum.
I was forced to replace the pickups because of music I play but I feel respect to this guitar and keep the original VH1 for the future.
Merry Christmas. :wink:

Latest posts

Back