Spoilt for choice. Which one ????

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goddardo

Reaction score
Original 1st issue Gibson SG Classic P90. Nr Mint with Gibson case.
Not this one but very similar in dark rich Cherry. ?685.

Gibson_SG_Classic_008.jpg

2001 Les Paul Special with P100's & gigbag. Nr Mint ?450
Would need proper P90's upgrade & hard case.

[/img]
KGrHqNn0E63WBWLpLBO4e7mr73Q60_12.jpg

I'd go with the Classic.... I have one and the pickups are killer. Only upgrade needed is to get rid of the Nashville bridge and put in Faber components.... love that guitar.

+1 on the Classic. I'd go for the Tokai SP Special over the Gibson. Here's my Classic before the Faber stuff went on. It's more of a faded heritage Cherry than yours..... yours is gorgeous:

045.jpg

046.jpg

Well, I got the SG Classic & it's a great guitar. 2 piece body with a superb grain. This thing looks like a custom shop guitar compared to some I've seen. Been thinking about the Faber upgrade. Does it make a big difference? Would I need both Tailpiece/Studs & bridge?

P1010780.jpg

[/img]
P1010785.jpg

Nice.... great grain on it.

I found that mine sounded absolutely great before the Faber gear.... after I put it on, noticed more clarity in chords, single note stuff seems just a bit more snarly and the sustain is even better that it was..... rings for days.

I did the studs/tailpiece (probably the most significan cause for the improvement) and I did the bridge with brass saddles.... I didn't do the locking bridge posts.

Latest posts

Back