Line 6 DT-25

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveWW

Reaction score
Got myself a line 6 DT25 for Xmas :D to go with my Pod HD300. Very impressed!

edit: maybe this link will get you going http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9E2eXXwW28

Dave

I saw your post last night Dave and that vid came up on a Google search. I watched half of it and the amp is mighty impressive. I guess your bank balance has improved after your daughter's wedding :wink:

Perhaps this is the age of the amp what with various other offerings including the Kemper and Fender VM hybrids. I bought Vox and Fender modelling amps this year and retired my Roland Cube to a young beginner. I'm quite keen on the Blackheart amps at the moment, they seem like good value no frills tube amps. Laney have some new ones that I shall try to audition next year.

Hi Tom, I guess my bank balance has started to improve following a serious rearranging of funds or lack of them :lol: I sold the egnater tweaker and cab to part fund it so it wasn't too bad really. To be honest I still think the tweaker is incredible for the money but the absence of a foot-switch and the small setting switches meant you couldn't really use all the options in a live situation and you had to tweak a lot more to hone the tone.

The DT25 however, has a foot-switch for channel switching or you can use an HD pod to switch channels, control the preamp and add effect. Plus the extra wattage give a bit more clean headroom which is useful and it's louder. It does the Fender, Marshall, Vox, Mesa thing easier and better than anything else I've tried and still sounds like a valve amp with the Pod which is great. I did order the matching cab as well but the store messed the order up and it didn't arrive so I'm using it with a very tatty old 2x12 Marshall 1936 which I got locally. Nearly forgot to mention the low power switch on the back which is a big plus for home use.

I think Line 6 have got it right with this one. It'll take purists a while to come around but the latest modelling technology coupled with a real tube amp is a big step forward.

Dave

Latest posts

Back