• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Very rare left handed Bacchus p90 Les Paul!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Le Chat Noir

Reaction score
Over the past few years I've amassed quite a collection of lefty instruments, but I'm trying to let go of a few to help my finances, difficult though it is for me!! As all you fellow lefties know, it's hard to come across good left handed guitars.

Note that I am a gigging musician, not a collector, and so whilst I endeavour to treat my guitars with love and respect, they do have honest playing wear on them which I will try my best to describe and document.

Guitar: EPISODE BY BACCHUS LES PAUL P90
Retail value: cost me 134000 yen to import = 1100GBP in today's money.
Case: High quality but rather scuffed case, I had the guitar shipped in this as I wanted it to be safe in transit from Japan.
My asking price: 600 plus shipping, open to offers.

Details: This is a Bachhus-made Les Paul with p90s - a fantastic guitar!

It's branded as an 'Episode - with the strictly selected material' (got to love the Engrish). This was a one-off range especially commissioned and produced for Taniguchi Gakki in Japan, a lefty only (!) guitar shop in Tokyo. As you all probably know, Bacchus are one of the top factories there and are very highly regarded.

A friend of mine who is a professional amp builder lives over in Tokyo and is also a lefty - he tried all the Les Pauls in Taniguchi and said this was the best, beating all the Edwards, Tokai etc in its price bracket.

As Taniguchi Gakki didn't ship internationally at that time and they sold out of these ages ago, it's quite possibly the only one in Europe!

It has a lovely nitro finish, and because of this it's taken some dents and scrapes through honest gigging. It's never been dropped or mishandled beyond me jumping around with it on stage. Quite a bit of buckle rash and a few dinks on the edge, I'd say 7/10 condition. I tried to photograph the dinks, but it's hard on a black guitar!

The guitar has a thick 50s-style Les Paul set neck, feels really comfortable in your hands.

Modifications: The 3-way and jack socket plate have been replaced as the jackplate was a cheapo plastic one and the 3-way had an intermittent problem. The new ones are higher quality than the originals - the plate is metal.

The saddles have been replaced by expensive Graphtech ones, a great upgrade. I will supply the originals too.

episode.jpg

marcusnieman said:
Nice tuxedo color combination on that. Looks great.

Cheers! It is gorgeous, and to be honest having slept on it I'm now in two minds about selling it!

cashcow said:
You could probably go a little higher :wink:

How much do you reckon they're worth? They're so rare that I found it really hard to put a price on it... nothing to compare it to really!

I'm based in Devon, UK but I travel to Europe frequently with my band and could also post internationally at cost I guess.

Back