Anyone help me identify this model?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see the headstock detail too well but if it's like this one it's fake.
IMG_0525.jpg

mirrorboy said:
I can't see the headstock detail too well but if it's like this one it's fake.
IMG_0525.jpg
No it has the correct script for the logo and the design I've seen on other contemporary tokais like the 3 pup SG. It's genuine just has no model identifier

c2229ffe21e611e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

I'm sure the Tokai script is genuine but I don't know that design. Has it not got a label inside the f-hole?

There's no label in the F hole but I've seen that headstock design in a Tokai brochure with their Chinese range. It's set up really well which makes me wonder if it was originally a trade or demo model.

pixiemixer said:
There's no label in the F hole but I've seen that headstock design in a Tokai brochure with their Chinese range. It's set up really well which makes me wonder if it was originally a trade or demo model.

Not in any 'official' Tokai brochure I've got or seen.
The ES60 headstock "design" is identical to the made in Japan Vintage and Premium series ES models.

Diamond said:
pixiemixer said:

Not in any 'official' Tokai brochure I've got or seen.
The ES60 headstock "design" is identical to the made in Japan Vintage and Premium series ES models.

Here's a website link. You can see the headstock design on the love rock & SG models. I seem to have an earlier China e60 with that design

http://www.tokaiguitars.co.za/traditionalseries.htm

Yes, that flower headstock design is a known design for customs as seen in the catalogs, but not for ES models which makes it dubious.

@Diamond: have you ever seen an ES without an F hole sticker?

settebello said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Left-Handed-Tokai-335-Copy-Lefty-Trans-Blue-/320742319424

:roll:

Volker
That's an obvious one. The logo is completely wrong for a start. Lol

I just sent a pic to Bob at Tokai UK and he confirmed it was legit, It comes from a factory in Weifang, that makes some of the guitars for Tokai UK.
?

Back