Heerby sa-700 ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me this is just a example of how evil grudges can be (which is what I PMd you). Everyone here reading back this thread can see who's doing what. Have fun Chris.

I'm newbie here, and I didn't want to make this post a war game place, I just want to share about guitars, so please, don't fight here, this doesnt help anyone...

About the catalogs, I see what you mean, it's different than the other link, block inlays on the SA-900 adds some more doubt here.
I can't help, I just discovered Heerby a few weeks ago, I haven't heard about it before.
About the inlays, I don't know about abalone, just can't recognize what is what :(
There is a difference in aspect between the heerby logo on the headstock and the blocks ; blocks looks more like... plastic to me, but I really can't tell...

There is very little that has been proven when it comes to older MIJ guitars, it`s just conjecture, stuff on the web...observations people make...some folks believe everything they read, some don`t...I`m part of the latter. I`ll wait to hear from the companies involved, maybe somebody in Japan...you know, someone who has access to the people who worked in the factories and/or documentation other than photos from catalogues seen on the internet. It`s fun to read it all, just hard sifting through everything to get to data that is based on fact and not opinion.

For what its worth...mate, that could almost be the exact model i had, down to the last detail. Picked up for a song from a classified ad in my local supermarket (daren't say what i paid!). Not a bad guitar, in fact one of the nicest necks i ever played. Don't regret selling it though!

Well said Sneaky & I agree.

@ Exmachina

The way to tell if your inlays are abalone/MOP is to just scratch em with your nail, if they scratch they are MOP :D
Looking at the colour maybe yours is a 700R?

I bought it as a A-700, what I think it is, but unfortunately no more infos from the seller. I regret I have no indication to date it. Sold as end of '70's.

I'd say the headstock inserts are abalone, but not the fingerboard ones.

The neck is very good to my taste and it allows for a very low action (too low for me, as, it makes bends very difficult ; impossible to place my fingers below the strings to push them up). In conclusion, I'd say it's a good guitar, especially with the pu upgrade, that makes it a very pretty blues instrument.

It's quite a fat neck, but very comfortable to my taste (I don't like thin necks). I'd say between a gibson '50 and '60. More like a '50 but with a better profile. But this is very personal.

Latest posts

Back