First Gig!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveWW

Reaction score
Other than playing three songs at an open mic night had my first proper gig last night. It was a free gig at the village hall where we practice for their Halloween party. I was pretty nervous but had a great time! The next gig is in three weeks and needs to be good as we get paid for that one! :D

IMG_0164.jpg

Thanks Les, we all made a few mistakes but I don't think the audience noticed. :lol: Funny thing was I was more nervous on the easy bits and pretty well all of the harder stuff went well.

Dave

Hi Marcus, I'm Slash(ed) :lol: in the top hat and playing my Bachus Tele. I switched between that and my Riviera during the night.

Dave

Well done Dave!! Sorry I missed that one, don't forget to tell me when/where the next one is! It's a great feeling isn't it?

Hi Dave, the set list is below. I've only been with the band about 2 months and replaced another guitarist who's leaving so he helped out on the ones I've starred as I hadn't learned all of those yet. It's a pretty mixed list with a few thrown in just for Halloween. We were also going to do Need Your Love So Bad and The Beautiful Ones by Seude as well but never quite got around to those. The drummer doesn't like NYSB as it's too slow!

The Monster Mash
The Killing Moon
Rattlesnakes
Man on the Moon*
Satellite of Love
Driftwood
Party Season
Outlaw Blues
Babies
Black Magic Woman
Sympathy for the Devil
Lucky Man*
Waterloo Sunset*
Friday I?m in Love*
Queen *****
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Tequila Sunrise
Psycho Killer
Here Comes Your Man
I Put a Spell On You
Fluorescent Adolescent*
Rock n roll medley (blue suede shoes, hound dog, long tall sally & roll over beethoven)
Song 2

Dave

Great stuff Dave, keep it up man! I'm currently bandless, gonna work on my studio tan for the winter.

Thanks Guys, Yes, it's a great feeling and John it'd be good to see you on the 19th if you can make it.

Dave

DaveWW said:
Thanks Guys, Yes, it's a great feeling and John it'd be good to see you on the 19th if you can make it.

Dave

Try and keep me away! Beer, live music I'll be there :)

DaveWW said:
Other than playing three songs at an open mic night had my first proper gig last night. It was a free gig at the village hall where we practice for their Halloween party. I was pretty nervous but had a great time! The next gig is in three weeks and needs to be good as we get paid for that one! :D

The first time you?re getting paid for something you enjoy/love to do as a hobby is going to give you a great kick. Enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back