Japanese "LP" models currently made

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red king

Reaction score
What companies in Japan currently produce high quality Les Paul copies? Are Greco, Orville, Burny, Edwards, etc still in business today?

thanks!

Greco produce mostly zeimatis guitars now. Burny still make some LP and ES style guitars ( but the cheapest models are made in China now). Orville is now ?piphone elitist. Edwards ( navigator/ Seymour Duncan) is still producing stuff. You also have Bacchus ( Headway/Momose) which are great guitars.

Bacchus make very nice Fender and Gibson clones, I own several of the Fender types and really love them. Most of mine were made before they decided to stop the clones and concentrate on their own desigs. I guess they didn` sell many because a couple of years ago they got back into producing clones. Most of mine are 4 and 5 digit serial numbers, the later models are into 6 digits.
the newer Edwards line that feature the Duncan p`ups are nice... I have 2 Les Paul types and a LP jr, along with a strat. Not really sure how they`re making money off these as they use good wood and parts, plus I got mine used save for the jr which I got at a closing out sale, and paid less than half the retail prices for all of em... still waiting for the cops to arrest me for theft.
If you like P-90s, CREWS make some real nice guitars.
Ornettes make nice LP types... I have one from the earlier madels when they used Honduras mahogany, the newer versions use African, not that I could hear the difference but the newer line is cheaper.
Fernandes make their high end models in Japan, along with some Burnys.
Haven`t seen a new Greco catalog for a while, not sure what they`re doing Les Paul wise.
There are other Japanese makers but many are very expensive, and if I think of more I`ll add them to this list.

well if you want to go back to the 70s and 80s there were a LOT of obscure Japanese makers too.

ToneTimes2 said:
19rainbow74 said:
suzuki also makes guitars type les Paul.

I see that you own one of these. How do you like it? Is it made in Japan?

yes, I have one suzuki "them Paul", but this is of the Seventies.
it?s made in japan
I am recovering it, since the guitar was not in very good health.
aqui your you have photos:

when I finish the guitar, you can to see the final result.
greetings

What is "Ishibashi"? A japanese retailer? Do you have a link to their web site?

thanks!

Greetings,

has anybody of you remarks on the newer Burny Japan models? I have an offer for a 2004 rlg-90 and like to know how it makes up to the more known tokais.

Thanks
Martin

Latest posts

Back