burny sg double neck

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

19rainbow74

Reaction score
hello I am a new user of the forum.
I am Spanish, and a translator for my messages will use, because I do not speak ingles.
my first question is:
I have a double guitar burny sg neck of epoca lawsuit, but the guitar does not have I number of series and I cannot know the
year of manufacture.
the second question is:
whatever can be worth the guitar in the market of second hand. I do not want to sell the guitar, but will to know it to me.
I hope not to have asked too much.
thank you very much
greetings

Tu guitarro es muy bonita!

My spanish isn't so good either... :oops:

It looks to me to from the truss rod covers to be made around 1984-5 or before.

Very nice though!

thank you very much
the guitar is really pretty.
a friend told me that the guitars burny that they do not have serial
number are previous to year 1976
it is that truth?.
greetings

My Burny goldtop is a '78 and it has a trussrod cover like yours.

Very nice guitar you have there!!! I would guess yours was made in the late 70's-early 80's.

Jim

Jim Jones said:
Very nice guitar you have there!!! I would guess yours was made in the late 70's-early 80's.

Jim

That's kinda what I said Jim! :roll:

Maybe I wasn't clear enough though.....

ToneTimes2 said:
That's kinda what I said Jim! :roll:

Maybe I wasn't clear enough though.....

Wow it doesn't take much for you to roll your eyes, does it?

As far as I'm concerned, someone adding their own guess is never bad. It reassures the topic starter that the information provided is accurate. And in this case it even confirms your own posting, so that adds to your 'credibility', if you will.

Yeah, I was just kidding ArthurS. Sometimes I guess I don't make that clear.

You make a good point: it's good to have backup.

ToneTimes2 said:
Yeah, I was just kidding ArthurS. Sometimes I guess I don't make that clear.

Forget I said anything then!

(I was actually a bit taken aback by your "rolleyes"-post, as your other posts seem generally friendly and helpful. So I could have known that you weren't serious there :) )

ArthurS
Forget I said anything then!

(I was actually a bit taken aback by your "rolleyes"-post, as your other posts seem generally friendly and helpful. So I could have known that you weren't serious there :) )

No problem. Just to get it out in the open though I like to post with a sense of humor. :D 8)

i have had the oportunity to comparing my burny double neck with my gibson les paul, because i thought changing the original pickups. i would like to put gibson pickups, but, the soun of the burny pickups is pure gibson.
its a great guitar and it?s very similar to the original gibson.
if you change the headstock brand, no one won?t see the diference.
greetings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8) Yeah but having a Burny is so much cooler than a Gibson...at least in my humble opinion :wink: TG

Hola bienvenido al foro de Tokai.
There are several Burnys with no serial number,in fact I had two Black Beauties(paulas custom) with no serial number ans slim taper neck,I think the early ones have no serial number.One good thing in both were binding covering frets.Nice guitars.

Jim Jones said:
I agree 100 per cent! I was blown away by the Burny VH-1 pickups - they sound fantastic!!!

Jim

I love the VH1s too. I thought I would need to replace one or more of them upon buying the guitar, but no way!

Has anyone compared them to other PAF copies or real PAFs?

My Burny SG has VH-1s and I think they sound great. Nice and open sounding but enough grunt too. Plugged into my Marshall that lovely old Cream-era Clapton tone is there in spades. I've tried various SDs, Dimarzios and some British handwound stuff but wouldn't swap the VH-1s for any of them. The Gotohs in my 81 Love Rock were nice too - a bit more focused than the VH-1s.

Back