Help for dating my Burny Les Paul Standard

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theblindbluesman

Reaction score
Hi to all,
i'm very happy to stay here, hope to learn a lot and sharing my knowledge.

Yesterday my Burny Les Paul has arrived at home, but i'm not sure for the age of manufacturing. The kindly seller mark guitar "1990's". Is a Les Paul Standard model, with 2 screw trussrod cover with "horn" and serial in bridge pick up #82201. No serial on headstok, no pickguard or pickguard holes, no plate under switch (rhythm/treble). It should be a slash model.
reading serial it seems to be 1998? but i'm sure it is MIJ.... how it is possible?

I'm to be sure that seller is valued, and highly raccomandable.

Can you help me?

Thanks for support
Cheers,
Riccardo :wink:

Riccardo that sounds like a 1998 LG-75GR but we need pics to help you, especially of the pickup cavities & control cavity.
And welcome to the forum ofcourse :D

jacco said:
Riccardo that sounds like a 1998 LG-75GR but we need pics to help you, especially of the pickup cavities & control cavity.
And welcome to the forum ofcourse :D

yes, here some pics :)
http://s374.photobucket.com/albums/oo184/mijsixstringskatana/2011-07-22/?action=view&current=017.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/cimg3591w.jpg/

As you can see, is not usual "Burny Slash model" finish/colour.

However, the guitar sounds great, and have great finishes, and compared to my Gibson LP Custom defended with nails!! :)
i can't explain this, because i always read that the great Burny are '70/'80 and early '90.
Can you explain me the differences for the guitar made in '80 or early '90?
Confirm the date?

Thanks

:D

O but that's MIJ Burny alright. Dyna Gakki made to be precize. And a 1998 LG-75GR for sure, very nice.
There won't be much difference between late 80s or 90s for Dyna has produced all of them from 1987 to 1998, except for a few Fujigen LG-75GR & RLG-70 during the early 90s.

WOW man! you are the master for dating MIJ :D

Last question, can you tell me about woods?

It seems to be made from good solid maple/mahogany,
the binding on fingerboard is like LP's custom, wight is around 9.7lbs..

there is differences with '80 model? I'm curious to know if previous models are even better. Because after test it yesterday sounds like LP Standard! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-2_8pTLJ2M

Sorry for my cheap camera, and my hands :roll:

I'm sorry for some reason I can't get my audio to work here.

Earlier Burny's are not necessarily better,it's all a matter of preference. They shure will be different for it was different factories that produced them:

1975-1978 Terada
1979 Tokai
1980-1981 Terada
1982-1984 ?
1985-1986 Matsumoku
1987-1998 Dyna (with some Fujigen models around 1992)

Hello, Are you still around Jacco? I have a similar burny that I would be curious if you could date.

Yes I am, let me see, let me see! :)
For some reason I don't get any notifications anymore from this website, so maybe it's best to PM me.

Latest posts

Back