I need some help please

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hiwatt was a one trick pony, very very loud and not my kind of thing, the cornfords are high end hand built, i have had a couple but waited for ages for this particular one, will report when it arrives and is tested properly

ok after having the cornford for a while, I now know it quite well, the clean channel is really good, and the gain channel goes quite a way in the direction i am looking for, but not as far as the einstein, in fact the cornford and the elmwood are pretty similar, except the cornford is easier to dial in, so i think the modena will be going to a new home, but now i have just heard a mates diezel hagen, which does exactly what i want without having to change a switch like channel 1 of the einstein!! so maybe there will be a hagen in the house soon!!

Wow, there's a lot of knobs on that Diezel!
I see you like high wattage big bottle tube amps. Do you use earplugs? :wink:

update, i have just ordered a little joe 6L6 from olaf krampe, stunning sounds and less complex than the hagen which i have decided is just too much of everything for me, heh the search is never ending.. it will be ready in a month or so, then the einstein will be going, 100w is too much even with the masters low,

http://www.duesentriebamps.com/Krampe_Amplification/Little_Joe.html

6L6s will give you a lot of clean headroom in comparison with EL34s. What kind of overdrive/distorsion pedals do you use?

Ah it has gain channels. I did listen and recognized the 6L6 clean sound & thought he used a pedal for the overdrive sound.
Nice!

villager said:
arrived and i love it, best amp i have tried so far, i think i will sell the cornford and get another one with either 6v6 or el34's its really really good

For sale again ??? :eek:

yes now I am gigging again regularly I got another diezel einstein 50w,

the dusentrieb has better clean, and crunch, and easy to switch, but the lead on the diezel is the sound of MY lead playing, so hard decision, but i will sell it.. heh maybe not much interest so maybi I keep and get another cab

dont know yet, will wait for the auction to end..

The search never ends... :wink:

3 weeks ago I was on a business trip to Montpellier and Toulouse and was passing very close to you but was in a hurry...2500 kilometres in 2 days and Belgium and the Netherlands must be completely abandoned :lol: Loads of caravans everywhere...

t.olsen said:
villager said:
arrived and i love it, best amp i have tried so far, i think i will sell the cornford and get another one with either 6v6 or el34's its really really good

For sale again ??? :eek:

You may well just be able to swap the 6L6's for 6V6's or EL34's with just a re-bias. IMO though the tonal difference between output valves is largely overstated, it's the circuit that has the most influence on the sound not the valves. Obviously 6V6's will knock the power down quite a bit, but shouldn't sound too different.

tried it with both, easy to do as theres a el34/6L6 switch .. and rebiasing is no biggie, tonewise not a huge difference as u say, its the circuit that does it, thats why the channel 2 on the einstein is the one for me.. noone seems too interested on ebay, so I may just keep it as an alternative, and buy another cab heh but no room in the studio !! just have to start ''amp stacking''

Back