My # 1

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mikey I just made it up on the spot.
I played through a late 60's Univox Head and a 2 X 12 cab with Celestion Greenbacks. It could have been cleaner but was cranking the amp alot and was breaking up, which necessarily isn't a bad thing.

Phantom

V. Impressive - I liked the kind of "Spanish " lilt to the ending. What band are you in El Phantola, what stuff do they play and are they on facebook etc?

Ok here it is finally my # 1
I just don't get it
I don't know what it is about this guitar. I have several MIJ and Gibson Les Paul's, but none sound like the mystery former black Love Rock.
Again a one take recording, one rhythm track, one lead track and one curly cord ;)

Let me know what you think guys, I want to make sure I'm not living in a make believe world and this is just another LP ( but I don't think so IMHO)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/935401551a2e656f/

Phantom

Phantom said:
Ok here it is finally my # 1
I just don't get it
I don't know what it is about this guitar. I have several MIJ and Gibson Les Paul's, but none sound like the mystery former black Love Rock.
Again a one take recording, one rhythm track, one lead track and one curly cord ;)

Let me know what you think guys, I want to make sure I'm not living in a make believe world and this is just another LP ( but I don't think so IMHO)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/935401551a2e656f/

Phantom

Sorry guys this link should work

http://www.zshare.net/audio/93545300cd6cbc11/

Phantom said:
Come on fella's let's see your number 1

I'll post pics of my #1 Les Paul soon but my actual #1 is a '64 SG Junior so does that count?

Great clips Phantom btw. That guitar sounds really good.

Hello fella's...............................

Hmm wondering if I should possibly scrape some of the black paint on this one to see whats underneath?

What do you guys think.
And what model would you say LS50?

Tokai_Love_Rock_Black_21f8b1e49ae911de9a44
[/URL] [/img]

Phantom

Maybe you should sand the cavity walls to see what the grain orientation is & if there's any flames running through the sides first.
Looks like a LS50 indeed.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh you finally got it
How is it?

Yeah Ill have to sand this weekend lol

jacco said:
Maybe you should sand the cavity walls to see what the grain orientation is & if there's any flames running through the sides first.
Looks like a LS50 indeed.

I agree with Jacco. The area covered by the pickup surrounds will give you some extra room to do your investagative sanding work. If you go a little up and over the pickup cavity a little and discover the top is not worth stripping off, you can put it back together and the surrounds will cover your sanding. What's the weight on this one?

spikeymikey said:
ahh another Greco? I thoughtbthe new nber onexwas the tokai ls100?

No, that one is currently number 5 :D
It still needs some work though and I like the neck profile very much, so who knows.

Phantom said:
ahhhhhhhhhhhh you finally got it
How is it?

Yeah Ill have to sand this weekend lol

It desperately needs a fret dress and they screwed up the routing (you can see that the bridge pup is rotated clockwise by a few mms) but apart from that an amazing player. It weighs 8.9 lbs but has all the resonance of the EGFs, a little slimmer neck profile than the average EGF, small frets and the Dry Zs are hotter than the average Dry Z, really perfect!

If you manage to get some flame showing I will be on the lookout for a BB too from now on :D

Latest posts

Back