Bacchus DUKE

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ef23f024.jpg

9f711e0a.jpg

fe22cf15.jpg

All it needs now is the pickups. I decided to not put the dry Z's in as I like their pickups so much. So I have a few sets of dry Zs I'm selling. I'll have it in my hands Monday. Notice the nut is not bone it's Graoh Techs tusq which I prefer. Also will have Graph Techs Aluminum hardware. Which will most likely come off and Evertune will go on it. That bridge spoils you so much. It's just such a massive forward step for the electric guitar that there is no way to even put it into words. Once you have it you don't want anything else. And I'm so glad that I took the chance and got one.

sneakyjapan said:
Do you own stock in that Evertune company?

He officially endorses them.

http://evertune.com/artists.html

Personally I'd leave the Bacchus as is. Or have Bacchus put in on.

I wish I owned stock. If you knew me you would not question me with supporting companies. I am Extremly discerning and not impressed with most things so when something like evertune comes along I am blown away. I was very skeptical. But imagine never having to tune your guitar again till you change strings and this thing actually improved the chime to my guitar. So you lose nothing you gain the best intonation you have ever heard on a guitar and it never goes out of tune. It's almost unthinkable. Friken amazing. And THAT is why I endorse them. I didn't even consider endorsing them untill I used it on my guitar. And I still have to pay. So it's not like I'm on the pay role or something. Although i think i would be if they asked. The inventor of this thing is a genius. Period.

I'm slightly concerned as I know Bacchus went on vacation for a holiday this weekend but the guitar was supposed to have been shipped Thursday which would mean it should have come Monday. It's still not here. Is there anyone who can shed some light? The other 2 took 2 days. ?? And they are still on vacation so I cannot reach out to them to ask what's going on.

It`s the Bon holiday...different companies have different time off...period of year where everybody goes home to visit the ancestral graves and/or travels abroad...trains, hotels, Inns...all booked solid. It`ll be back to normal soon...this week probably. Some are already back but it depends on the company.

Brentwood-20110817-00317.jpg

IMG-20110817-00301.jpg

IMG-20110817-00305.jpg

Well it made it in one piece thank GOD they put it in a hard shell case wrapped with plastic. it seems it had a little shower in NYC and the label washed off and they had no idea where to send it. I got the tracking # this morning and tracked it down and went and got it. It's amazing. I've been recording with it all day. The neck is even bigger than the standard. LOL HUGE. It's a hand full but it's very light and super chimy and ringy. It's very much great.

Phew! :eek:

All's well that ends well I guess, but it sounds like it was a close call between you getting your guitar and it going into the lost post black hole.

Looks great in the photo and has an unusual feature for a Duke. :)

Thanks guys. Yes what a relief. I called 3 different people from the local US post office and I eventually got the phone # for the office that takes in international packages. I left a message and in an hour the guy called me back and said I have your box. I just need the address. I asked him where it was and if I could come and get it and he said sure. It was only 25 minutes away. But the woman at the post office didn't seem to care that the box was thrashed and I couldn't get her to do anything about it or to admit it was the USA that did it. But I know it was. She didn't care. Typical American with a typical American Gov attitude. I kept saying to her you don't care that someone at your company did this? I told her she should care more than I should since she works for them. She didn't. Oh well... Scary to use EMS though knowing that there is someone in NYC who is an IDIOT working for the US post. The guitar does have quite a life. Tons of personality in the tone. Gobs of Tone goes to tape. I was up till 2 A.M playing it. My fingers hurt.

That's a beautiful looking guitar...and I want one now!

Finances (and wife) mean I'll have to stick with my two 25 year oldish tokai's and Fender Telecaster...

barks

I`m certain it didn`t leave Japan like that... I had a guitar delivered once and there was a small hole in the box and the driver made me open it to make sure all was well before he`d leave. Somebody else once sent one of my guitars back to me in a thin soft case...not a padded gig bag...without any bubble wrap or anything and there wasn`t a scratch on it...delivery people take their job very seriously here...the gals too...I see them literally running everyday day of the week around where we live, there are a couple of depots in the neighborhood.

I know. There is NO WAY that box looked like that in Japan. The woman at the post office was unbelievable. Like I had NERVE in questioning her. Americans are fat and lazy and they don't want to even think of doing one more thing then they have to. And that leads them to not want to take responsibility for ANYTHING. Dont get me started. This is one of the reasons I play Japanese guitars. I'm so sick of the USA I want to move. No one takes any pride in what they do here they all just want to get through the day as mindlessly as possible and collect their pay check. Bacchus is going to send the pictures of the box to EMS maybe they will investigate it. I hope so. And I hope some idiot in NYC gets fired. It hasn't rained in Nashville in days and definitely not during that time so it happened in NYC. It looks like the plane went down and the box floated here. The entire top edge was open. I didn't even have to open the box I just pulled the case right out. Scary how easily it could have fallen out.

The box does look like s h i t. Thankfully the Bacchus is fine. Keep in mind that NYC got a lot of rain recently, which probably factored into why the cardboard looks like that. Why did Bacchus use that style headstock? They used the open book style on the Standard.

9f711e0a.jpg

The box was soaking wet so yeas that was the reason. The Standard is a classic line the Duke is a Duke. hand made. Different line. The Duke is a Legal export the Classic is not.

Back