Latest wave of nostalgia

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirrorboy

Reaction score
Anybody else seen the new Fender Pawn Shop series. They're supposed to be reissues of guitars that never existed before.

Exhibit A : Fender Pawn Shop 1951 Stratocaster. They also do a 1972 Stratocaster with a semi-hollow body and a Mustang Special.
11040414083431.jpg

I must confess to getting caught up in this recent wave of contrived nostalgia :D
I've just ordered a recent Aria re-issue of one of their old 60's guitars from Project Music. Should be here by the end of the week.
5925521335_590548516e_z.jpg

JohnA said:
That's one odd looking geetar Tom!

I don't think it's as odd as my latest! I wasn't going to hold my breath waiting for Tokai to reissue the Hummingbird electric plus I'm a sucker for slanted pickups so I couldn't resist this. Absolutely twang central :lol:

5930281568_dbdc15224f_z.jpg

Not too shabby looking considering I bought this brand new sight unseen for ?189. Sounds are pretty muscular, maybe pickups are similar to Irongear Alchemist.

5980884651_eb12d0cfe2_b.jpg

Mirrorboy, Tokai just did it but not under his own brand. And I guess they did it very well.

luis said:
Mirrorboy, Tokai just did it but not under his own brand. And I guess they did it very well.

Are you referring to the Tokai Hummingbird electric guitar luis? I know that Eastwood Guitars made a reissue but they discontinued that model and now they're all gone.

The UC-2 is real nice Marcus. They seemed to disappear from the Univox catalogue by the end of the 60's, wonder if it had ought to do with Fender patenting the offset body design.

mirrorboy said:
The UC-2 is real nice Marcus. They seemed to disappear from the Univox catalogue by the end of the 60's, wonder if it had ought to do with Fender patenting the offset body design.

Yeah, they were only around til 68 I think.... used to have a white UC-1 as well. The headstock is also Fender correct.

Back