Bacchus CLASSIC series?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mitch Malloy said:
I don't own any so I can't comment they do say though at the factory that the classic is the closest to the live road and also to a Gibson.

I read that your Bacchus and your Tokai sound quite different, do you think it's just down to the pickups?

I don't own a Tokai. Greco maybe? No I don't think it's down to just the pickups. I think Bacchus is better. I only wish I had been playing them my whole life. I love them.

I have a Tokai LS150 and a Bacchus Classic Series Les Paul.... they sound and feel distinctly different from one another.

The Tokai is brighter - sounds great and dare I say it, predictable.

The Bacchus on the other hand, is a tad darker than the Tokai - but I like that. The pickups have great dynamics... due in part because Deviser uses different magnets for the neck and bridge pickups. Output on the bridge is very hot (14 or so) but it balances the output of the two pickups nicely - the neck pickup isn't overpowering like alot of Les Pauls are.

Both have one piece bodies, both have solid tops. Both weigh about 9lbs. But the Bacchus neck is much larger than the Tokai... Once I got used to it, I actually prefer it more.

Hassouni said:
How do these Classics compare to the Live Road series (also, are the Live Road the same as the Vintage and the BLS-59?)? Is there any difference between them and the Tokai 160 in terms of wood and finish besides the flame and chunky neck?
I have a live road which was advertised as BLS 59 and have seen them referred to as vintage series but am still new to bacchus so cannot confirm this to be true, other than what marcus has said as to constuction my live road has a medium typical 59 neck not the chunky 58 type neck like on my bacchus duke or what i have read about the classic neck, my live road is a one peice body and solid top which presumeably makes it a BLS-120 and weather or not all japanese live road models are the same i dont know, i know there are some chinese universal series with the live road decal on the headstock so be carefull take a detailed look at the headstock shape ,truss rod cover e.c.t, i will be receiving a bacchus classic sg ctm in the next week or so and am hoping that it has at least a medium 59 type neck as after getting used to the chunky duke neck slim 60,s type just feel wrong, one thing i can confirm whether old or new bacchus construction can not be beaten.

Once you get used to the big neck nothing else measures up. :) Bacchus has mojo and vibe. There is a lot of heart and pride going into them.

Oh I plan to. It's funny though I've offered to really help them and it seems like they are afraid to get big. Which I guess is really the best thing yet. When these companies get too big they turn to ****. But I'm telling everyone I know all over the world and they are all sayin who? Lol Bacc what?

Just spotted this on digimart a live road universe series, change the TRC and you would be hard pressed to tell it from a japanese one.
universeliveroad.jpg
You can spot subtle differences when compared side by side like the centre cleft in the open book is deeper on the japanese one and finer swirly bits in the live road decal but unless you look at them together it,s not easy to tell, just a note of caution for anyone looking to buy one here is what a real japanese version looks like.
bacchusliveroadheadstock6.jpg

I told them they should stop doing that. I mean they are cheapening themselves by confusing the issue. Those gtrs should be called cheap knock offs from Korea model. It's a lot to fit on the headstock though. ;) But it pisses me off that they would do a cheap line and call it the same name as their last high end line. Not smart.

Hey guys,

I've been sold this GT as a BLS-59, and while it's a one-piece body the headstock mustache looks more like the recent ones:

DSC_0876.jpg

Do I have to worry?

Mitch Malloy said:
I told them they should top doing that. I mean they a cheapening themselves by confusing the issue. Those gtrs should be called cheap knock offs from Korea model. It's a lot to fit on the headstock though. But it pisses me off that they would do a cheap line and call it the same name as their last high end line. Not smart.

Tokai's guilty of the same

I guess they need to make money but hell I'm keeping them in business just buying guitars for myself. :)

Spinoo i wouldn,t worry too much these are all hand made and are all different to some extent, but some further investigation cant hurt, things that arent hand made are the things to check like decals hardware and electrics i,ve now got three bacchus and one on the way and the serial no looks different on each one of them including my two dukes and the serial no on them is only two digits apart, it,s as if each craftsman uses different tools and does it differently, yours is quite an early example and you should try to compare to ones of a similar era, you will have to do some detective work to be sure, posting some more detailed pics on here might help, underside of bridge and tailpeice front of headstock, pickup cavity and control cavity are a good start, one question springs to mind is the bacchus name inlayed into the headstock mother or pearl or just kinda plain white.?

Thanks for the answer! Yeah the Bacchus logo appears to be MOP or equivalent. I'll post other pictures!

Ok...I though I posted this already but WTF, I'll do it again.

I just finished reading through all 20 pages of this thread and figured I'd post some pictures of the Bacchus Classic that is on the way from Japan now. Hopefully I'll have it in my hands by the middle of next week. I hope I'm as happy with it as Mitch is with his :)

eleking8829-img600x450-1310463786odjemm43075.jpg

eleking8829-img600x450-1310463786rejaw343075.jpg

eleking8829-img600x450-1310463786kvjic943075.jpg

You will love it and I don't know where you are but the EAS I think it's called shipping to the USA takes 2 days. Freakishly fast. IT's very nice by the way. Nicer looking than mine I would say. My Black Custom is the best guitar in the world though. LOL At least to me. The Evertune bridge is the greatest invention since the guitar itself I would say. Amazing. Extremely happy. Cannot play any other guitars now.

Mitch Malloy said:
You will love it and I don't know where you are but the EAS I think it's called shipping to the USA takes 2 days. Freakishly fast. IT's very nice by the way. Nicer looking than mine I would say. My Black Custom is the best guitar in the world though. LOL At least to me. The Evertune bridge is the greatest invention since the guitar itself I would say. Amazing. Extremely happy. Cannot play any other guitars now.

Thanks Mitch that's good to hear. I picked mine up from Yahoo Japan through Rinkya....sometimes it takes a while. I'm having mine shipped via EMS. I had a Burny bought and they waited until the Bacchus showed up at Rinkya before shipping in order to save me a few bucks on shipping charges.

Oh yeah I'm in Canada.

EMS yeah that's it. FAST. :>) Good luck your gonna love it. Every guitar I get from bacchus is better than the last one and they are all great. I don't think they could possibly make anything average, not in this Line anyway.

Latest posts

Back