'83 Goldstar Sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeanZ

Reaction score
Hi guys i'm new to this site and looking for a bit of advice.

Basically im looking at what is said to be a 1983 goldstar sound. Are there any certain things i should be looking for as a tell-tale of authenticity? The guitar has a 5 digit stamp on the neck plate and a block black logo on the headstock, which i havnt seen before.

Also how would you compare these to fender/squier JV and SQ guitars?

Any help would be great!

Cheers, Dean

p.s pictures can be found here:

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/noluckyman/

Looks like an 83 Goldie with changed tuners.Nice looking guitar,every bit as good as a jv Fender. Gabe.

I had a good look at the photos for this guitar and a detailed email conversation with the seller. As far as I can tell it's an '83 Goldstar (block logo fits with the date and paint codes look right) with changed tuners, some rewiring (done well) and a refretted neck. The seller was very open and honest about what was changed and what was original - just wasn't for me at the time.

I currently have an '84 ST50 Goldstar and have owned a '40 in the past; they seem just as good as the Japanese Fenders.

yeah, the seller was very honest with me also which is refreshing for once. As for value would i be right to put a price tag of around ?300 on the guitar (this based on the few similar guitars i have seen, and my little knowledge of tokai's)

He is very lucky to get such details about the very guitar which he was enquiring about and I am sure that he must be very satisfied with the reply and it must have helped him to make up his mind about buying it ? I it really was like a breath of fresh air reading about the honesty of the seller!!

Back